CHAPTER 2

Question of the day!

What's your favourite book??

Happy reading!!!

After Belle played in the park for around half an hour, Elena and I decided to engage in some quality adult conversation—like discussing the fine craftsmanship of the martial arts instructor's son. We saw him sharpening our knives. Knives are my specialty. From a young age, I always found something very intriguing about them. I felt like they were connected to my soul, with my knives I felt a sense of sanity. Holy shit I'm a psycho. 

Suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck rose, and this bad feeling washed over me like a gallon of cold water being poured over my head. Before my thoughts consumed me Elena pulled me away from the brink of overthinking.

"Do you ever wonder why my parents put me in training like perfecting every little thing about me?"  Elena asked from her subconscious thoughts. 

"I know your mum had those reasons she had to for you, but do you ever wonder why I was there?" she added.

girl wtf did all these deep conversation starters come from? it's like 9 am? I mean I know why my mum needed me to be able to protect myself but I never wanted to ask about Elena since I knew she was there a couple years before me and I couldn't stand the thought of her going through anything like that. It did seem unlikely though, Elena's family was like the typical family. She had two brothers, Sebastian who was 20 and Matthew who was 12, and like us too, very well trained in all fields. Cant forget her two adorning parents, although they were strick they loved and adored Elena like there was no tomorrow. 

They knew about my challenges and stepped in when others didn't believe me. Elena's parents, unlike others, never pitied me; instead, they loved and treated me like their own. Living that life felt different but, fatefully, I wasn't meant to be born into such a family.

Before I could even comprehend the question any further to give an answer the little gremlin, sorry I mean Belle, came running towards us. 

"I'm hungry," she stated. 

Okay, well that works. 

"Well lucky for you breaky is on Aria" Elena said giving me a sly smirk then pushing Belle onto my lap while packing up the mess consisting of sunscreen, toys and an abnormal amount of dirt brought from the ground which Belle had made including that munted barbie. 

The weather was perfect for a walk and the cafe was close so we dropped off Belle's toy bag, and took our seats in the cafe while ordering breakfast. 

TIMESKIP TO MIDDAY 

After breakfast, Elena dropped us off two streets down from our house since she had to go the opposite direction and was running low on fuel. I could also do with a walk after devouring 6 pancakes. I usually don't eat a lot for breakfast but the morning left me feeling a bit uneasy.

Belle was walking her small hand holding mine. We turned into our street and my stomach dropped. I felt as if those pancakes were about to come up again,however, I was raised to be composed under any situation. I briskly walked on auto-pilot (poor Belle she had to practically run to keep up with me) to our house slowing my speed as I reached one of the 3 police cars. Two police offers were knocking on my front door which nobody was answering looking frustrated. Well duh nobody's home ever thought of that?

"Excuse me, can I help you?" I asked catching the nearest officers attention. He was caught by surprise instantly turning around and his face changed as he checked me out head to toe. His expression changed form something that made me forget I was wearing clothes. Lust. It was in his eyes all the way to his mouth. This balding pedophile middle aged man with crooked teeth is so close to loosing a couple of those crooked teeth if it weren't for my sister quietly observing the situation beside me.

It was a long awkward pause as my anger started bubbling before it was interrupted by another officer. Thankfully not the pedo this time, "Are you Aria and Belle Walker?" 

I dreaded being correct about their presence. Inhaling sharply, I responded, aware of the growing audience of nosy neighbors trying to catch a glimpse of the unfolding drama on the street.

"Yes I am. Why?" I kept my voice stern, yet respectful. 

The officers face dimmed a little, it looked like he was hoping I would say no. 

"I'm sorry to say but your mother Belinda Walker got into a serious accident on the freeway, I'm sorry but she didn't make it." the not pedo police officer said.

She didn't make it. There had to have been some mistake. No no no NO NO. FUCK NO. 

"We are aware this much be extremely stressful and a lot of information to take on but we will have to take you down to the station and we'll go from there, for now would you like to pack your belongings and essentials to take with us," the non-pedophile officer said very serenely. 

My heart was doing the cha-cha in my throat, and I swear, I wanted to stab someone, but my last remaining brain cell was forcing me to stay cool. I nodded my head and picked up Belle, I walked to the door unlocking it as a small sob escaped the curled-up ball in my hands. It was like gunshots in my ear, my heart slowly shrinking every time I heard the noise. She's a smart girl and understood the situation quickly, Belle and I were both raised not to show weakness, so she hadn't let a tear fall until she was safe in my arms. 

I put a movie on for Belle attempting to distract her. I first went to my mum's rooms and took out two large suitcases we use for traveling, I took one and dragged it to Belle's room. First I took the necessities eg. her underwear, basic summer, and winter clothes because I don't know where the fuck we are going or even if we have a bloody place to go, pjs, toothbrush, and hair brush. Then I took her favourite stuffed toy, Teddy, and practically her whole fucking room in this suitcase, I look like I'm fucking kidnapping her. As soon as Belle's stuff was packed I went to mine and followed the same routine in my room, I packed makeup, my valuables, money, and finally my knife set and a small handgun my mum kept under her desk in the office.

I shoved my knives set under my bras and put the gun under my makeup just in case the police stumbled over this. Before I left my mum's office I accidentally knocked over a vase and saw a little button it was the size of my pinky and very very easy to miss. I usually wouldn't touch it in case it does some horrible but what could get worse, really taking the YOLO lifestyle I press it half expecting the sky to cave in. Thankfully that didn't happen. Instead, a narrow and thin drawer pulled out of my mum's desk. An envelope? Kind of a sad ending for such a cool compartment, it better be made out of gold or some shit. I picked it up flipped it over and saw writing on the plain side, it read

"To MY daughter, open when the time is right and when you find them"

 This woman really had to go out with a bang, also who the fuck am I meant to find, and why is "my" written in bold and who else is my mother? The easter fucking bunny?