Chapter 14: Rogue Vampire

Ainz has returned back to the Great Tomb of Nazarick, in the throne room on the tenth floor, Where Anubis and Albedo are waiting for him.

Ainz: "Report Albedo."

Albedo: "I am here to report that Shalltear has betrayed."

Anubis: (Internally) "How will Momonga react to this?"

Ainz: "Master Source open."

A list with all the NPC names appeared in front of Ainz for him to review and see what Albedo saw and Shalltear's name is seen colored red while the other names are just grey colored.

Ainz: "I see why you believed Shalltear betrayed us."

Albedo: "After conversing with Lord Anubis, I checked the Master Source and discovered this abnormality.

Anubis: "It all seems the Vampire Brides that accompanied her have both perished."

Ainz: "is there a chance Shalltear has died as well."

Anubis: "If that was the case, her name would have disappeared from the list."

Albedo: "Unfortunately that hasn't happened."

Ainz goes into his thought which Anubis already knew what he was thinking about, that there was a possibility that she was under a mind control, but the problem is Shalltear is undead and has a passive skill that nullifies all forms of mind control.

Ainz: "We've gathered there are talents and martial arts in this world that did not exist in Yggdrasil. Is it possible she has fallen under the influence of one of them."

Albedo: "I do not know however it does not change the fact that she has revolted. I suggest we send a Hunting Party to deal with her immediately."

Both Anubis and Ainz could tell Albedo is quite serious with this request of her as the air in the throne room has change quiet seriously.

Albedo: "I will lead our forces, Cocytus and Mare will accompany me as Vice Commanders, we will need that much to take Shalltear down, her strength."

Anubis: "No."

Albedo and Ainz both turn to look at Anubis for his response as Ainz had the same thought, but Albedo thought Anubis would support her decision.

Anubis: "I feel that would be too hasty, we must confirm whether she has revolted of her own free will or not."

Ainz: "Agreed."

in midst of the conversation Ainz goes into his thought to reveal his true opinions on the matter which Anubis would agree to.

Ainz: (Internally) "If something like this can happen to the NPCs, we need to find out what it is and how to counter it or Nazarick will crumble."

Anubis: "But..."

Ainz: "If she betrayed us because she is displeased with me or our treatment of her, I will understand."