Chapter Twenty: Newfound

Please leave a comment and a vote, I am open to any suggestions or ideas for the book.

-Lee :3
Trigger warning: abuse.

Oliver POV:
"Shhhh"

I hiccuped as Ares clasped his hand on my eyes, making my glasses fall to the floor. I brought my hands up to his hands and tried to pull the off, but it didn't budge.

I can hear a girl squeak then next thing I was pulled from Ares grasp and my head crashed with a hard chest, I breathed it and caught Massimo's bourbon sent and my body went limp and before I shut my eyes I head Massimo yell.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

Flashback...

I look up from my legos to the basement door, which was creaked open halfway. It was almost come pleat black other than the beam of light, there was nothing it's empty and quiet. Until I hear someone's cries, a cry I had come accustomed to.

My mothers.

I sit up from the place I was laid on and hesitantly walked up the wooden creaky steps, looking for her with fearful and guilty eyes.

I eventually found her, crouched down on her knees in her bedroom.

I creak the door open and slow my footing, scared of making myself known to her.
"How could I do such a thing... w-what kind of mother would h-hit her children." She cries loudly, clutching her chest.

"M-mommy?" I stutter, trying to get her attention. She violently flinches and looks up at me, tears still leaking out of her eyes.

"How can I abuse my child like that?" She cried while staring at me. "HOW COULD A MOTHER DO SUCH A THING!!??" She screamed loudly, my hands quickly clutching my ears wincing and stumbling backwards. "I AM A TERRIBLE MOTHER! KILL ME! KILL ME OLLI!!!!" She screams so loud I fall on my butt, a stinging pain shot up my spine, my ribs ache from the kicks she had inflicted on me three days ago when I asked for some Lego.

She screams loudly and reached out for me, uselessly stumbling has her attempts failed.

I back away urgently, tripping and falling as I try and stand. I cry out loud as my mother crawls to me demonically, making my body shake uncontrollably.

"M-mommy, please s-stop!" I sign, pleading.

I remember just over a week after that I had laid on the basement floor, the cold biting me and nicking at my skin.

It was a cold day. You can hear the pitter-patter of the rain hitting the leafs outside, and the distant sound of thunder.

Mommy was sitting on the living room floor, lost in thought. I was little, eleven I think. I foolishly approached her, desperate for an answer.

"Mommy? When can I go to school like Jessie?" I signed, my hands fiddling with my hands after. I was proud of myself, for having such courage.

"S-School?..." she repeats myself with an horrified look on her face.

"Y-yes! I saw it in a picture book Jess gave to me. A boy like me went to school everyday, it said it is very important for boys like me to go to school. So I was wondering—" I signed l, stopping when my hands wouldn't stop shaking. Going to continue but my mom let out a blood curdling scream.

"Y-You UNGRATEFUL FOOLISH CHILD!" I step back not surprised. "YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?!?" She suddenly stands up, grabbing a small vase that was on top of the worn down old coffee table, spilling all the dirty water and dead red roses. She raised it, threatening to throw it at me. I flinch at the sudden movement. "AFTER ALL I SACRIFICED FOR THIS FAMILY" Her eyes were filled with hate and tears.