Chapter One

Trigger Warning: graphic abuse, violence, swearing, and homophobia.

Comment your thoughts, this is a safe place.

Oliver woke up to the sound of the dripping water, the small mattress underneath him had become as thin as cloth over the years. So he was used to waking up with back pain, although he couldn't tell if the back pain was from the floor or the beatings.

Everyday Oliver wakes up at 5am on the dot, after years of Adam beating it into him it became the norm. He is forced to wake to early to make everyone breakfast and clean the house before school starts, if Adam or Stacy wake up to the house with even a little speck of dirt it would be a beating for him.

Oliver shivered from the cold air, the concrete underneath him covered in a thin layer of ice. He sat up and winced from the ache in his body, the beating yesterday had been a bad one. Adam had found out that Oliver failed his science test, the school called Adam and the second he stepped in the house he was beaten and kicked like a dog.

It wasn't anything he couldn't handle, although he did make him puke out the apple he stole from the school cafeteria. Stacy and Jess and stood by the door and watched as he was abused, laughing and making comments about how pathetic he was.

The house was cleaned and the eggs and sausage were done by 7am, they all slowly started to come down to eat. Jess was wearing next to nothing, all designer clothes as I was wearing seven year old clothes I got from my neighbour. They were old and Oliver needed to stitch them multiple times, he had no choice, this and a couple more outfits was all he had. Jess had never physically abused Oliver just the occasional slaps and kicks, but she was certainly very verbally abusive. 
"Did you have a good sleep last night? Tonight was the coldest night ever in Squamish, I left the window open in the basement so I hope it wasn't too cold." Jess said in a mock concern voice, laughing loudly at the end of her speech.

Oliver didn't say a word.

Stacy chuckled and Adam yelled for more coffee, he was hungover from last night. The dozes of beer bottles Oliver cleaned this morning was proof of it.

Oliver quickly got the coffee pot and poured him coffee, scared of his fury he always rushed to please Adam, with shaking hands he started to pour the coffee. Right before he was about to pull away from the cup Jess kicked his leg and made him spill some of the coffee on the table, it was silent apart from Jesses muffled laughter.

"I know you didn't lose your god damn fucking mind boy." Adam said, country accent heavily heard.

Oliver started to breath heavily as Adam was raging in his seat, if this was a cartoon you would see steam coming out of his ears.

Adam roughly grabbed Oliver's wrist and lifted him up from where he was standing, his feel dangling aimlessly.

You see Oliver is small for his age, he reached only about 4'11 and weighed 74 pounds. He was malnourished his whole life, causing him to be comically small. If he was fed and treated properly he would be the same height as Jess, which was 5'5. Compared to Adam's 5'11 and 190 pound self Oliver had been at his complete mercy.

Adam threw Oliver against the fridge, Oliver squealed in pain as his back connected to the handle. The fridge shook and you can hear stuff knocking down inside, Oliver knew to stay still on the floor as Adam did as he pleased.

So he stayed on the floor as he punched, kicked, and slapped him. He didn't care if I cried, he didn't care what happened to me at all.

He stopped when Jesses friends came to pick her up for school, Oliver laid there and watched as Stacy and Adam kissed in front of his still body.