Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen

Start from the beginning

"Looking good, Malone."

He looked over to see Abby leaning against the doorway. She was unfortunately not dressed up for a wedding. There was too much going on for her to be off duty tonight - although he tried to convince her to come with him and take one night off. Abby had then put him in his place, reminding him how she was still his lieutenant and couldn't let everyone else work while she partied. Or else there might be a mutiny.

She had told him in confidence that while most of his people still respected her, there were a few that were claiming she had "slept herself to the top". Finn had wanted to kill them himself, but she had held him back and said she would be the one to take care of it.

Finn walked over to her. "Are you going to be finished by the time I get home?"

"I'm doing rounds with Knox." She told him, her palms moving up his chest. "So, we should be able to collect fast."

He grinned, leaning down to whisper in her ears. "Good, because I've got plans for you tonight."

She shivered, making his grin grow wider. "Are you sure? How are you feeling?"

"Abigail." He squeezed her arms. "I'm fine. My burns have healed enough to where they aren't hurting anymore."

That was true. The injuries he had sustained during his fight with his father had healed over the last month. He still had wrappings around his burns, but he could have them off more often than not. They had scarred him, a lasting memento from his father, but it wouldn't stop him any longer.

Sleeping next to Abby every night without touching her was too much. She had been worried about his health, keeping him from hurting himself, but she also didn't realize how much of a tease she was. The other night she had touched him for the first time, and Finn swore he had never had a better hand job, but he needed more.

And he knew she wanted more. She hid it well, but she was getting just as worked up.

"Do you want to wait?" He asked her, tilting her chin up.

She slowly shook her head.

"Are you nervous?"

"A little."

Finn knew her admitting that was big and meant she was more than a little nervous.

"Abby, baby," he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her flush against his body, "it's okay to be nervous, but I'm gonna take care of you, okay? I'll make sure you feel nothing but pleasure."

"I know." She whispered. "I'm also excited."

"Yeah?" He grinned.

She nodded. "I want to know how you feel inside me."

Finn sighed, "Baby, if you keep talking, I'll never get to the wedding."

She laughed, stepping away. "You better get going anyway. I've got to meet Knox in ten minutes."

He kissed her. "Be safe tonight."

An hour later, he had a champagne flute in his hand and was waiting for the festivities to start. It was a small wedding, but Finn noticed how calculated the invite list was. Everyone a part of the new circle was here. Even the Dvorsky's. There were very few civilians, Astrid apparently not inviting any of her work friends it looked like. That was probably the safest thing for them considering a shootout could happen at any time.

The last wedding he had been to was Ivy's and this couldn't be more different. There was no crowds of people, no money on display, and surprisingly not a lot of tension. That wasn't Ivy or Harry's fault. Their fathers had been the ones to plan that wedding.