Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen

Greta fastened her new watch onto her wrist to complete the look. It was Astrid's wedding and in the couple of weeks that passed she had spent more time with Ivy and her friends. They were a strong trio, one that still kind of intimidated her on most days.

There were days where one of them would invite her out or over to their place, so Greta had had solo hangouts with them. Growing up friendless, she thought she would blow the chance to actually be friends by being too awkward, but each of them had been welcoming in their own ways.

Ivy was like a big sister. She often grilled her on how Dev was treating her and giving her advice on some stuff she was hoping to do in the future.

Willow liked to go out and do stuff. Honestly, Greta thought she might use shopping as a stress reducer. Since seeing her and Ren making out in the shadows of that bar, Greta had noticed just how much the woman brought up her supposed "rival".

Then there was Astrid. Greta was shocked to learn how utterly normal the woman was. She worked a regular job, didn't spend her nights murdering people or fighting in an illegal ring, and she wasn't a millionaire. Well, she would be once she married Tai Hayashi.

She patted down her floor length, lavender dress. Her curls were down and had so much product in them that she would probably be washing it out of her hair for weeks. Simple gold jewelry adorned her, only her watch a statement. Harry had gotten it for her, a similar silver one for Angelo.

Dev would be picking her up any moment now and she was excited to see him all dressed up. She, of course, had seen him in nice clothes, but tonight he would be wearing a tuxedo. She was even more excited to undress him. Earlier, she had sent over a suitcase full of her things to be waiting for her at his loft. They would be spending the whole weekend together.

There was a knock on the door, Greta opening it a moment later. Her boyfriend smiled at her, leaning forward to peck her lips. "You look absolutely stunning, darling."

She grinned. "I know."

He chuckled.

"Let me just get my purse..."

"Can I use your bathroom first?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course." She let him in, closed the door and found her clutch. She had some cash, a credit card, her lipgloss, and her phone.

Her computer pinged, making her freeze. It was her program. It had been running for the last month straight. Greta had worked it over and over, trying desperately to find her mother, but she had had no luck. Everything that came up was a false lead or a dead end. She was starting to think her mother had disappeared off the face of the planet. Never - never - has her program failed to do as it was asked. It was too good, yet her mother had evaded her so far.

She walked over to her computer setup and woke up the monitor. She keyed in her passcode and passed the second security step. It brought up a myriad of windows open, many flashing through video camera feeds, social media pictures and keywords, local tourist pages recommending places around the city and warning them of crimes or thefts that have occured.

The window that had pinged flashed to the front, causing Greta to frown. It was of the prison just outside the city. She knew that Patrick Styles was being kept there before his impending trial - If he ever made it to the trial.

Greta maximized the window and clicked through to the security. It showed a car pulled up to the outside of the prison, a thin person stepping out of the driver's side. There was nothing special about the car, nothing that Greta recognized. The person was covered head-to-toe. She couldn't even tell if they were a man or a woman.