Chapter Eighty-Five

This is the second chapter in a double update. Please read Chapter 84 first. Enjoy!

This time when Ivy woke up she was less confused. Her memories came back to her quicker and the panic didn't seep in the way it had before. The cells they were in now were similar to the last ones, except the doors were full metal on the bottom half. Bars didn't start until about a meter up off the ground. The lock looked more secure too.

"This where they took you last time?" Ivy asked Tai. This time he was also tied up to a chair, but in the same cell as her.

"No, this looks more secure." He answered.

"Like they're expecting someone." She muttered to herself.

Under no circumstance could she allow herself to wait here to be saved. She wouldn't let Harry fall into that trap. Tikhon's threats were too real. She could actually picture them happening, but she wouldn't allow it.

Ivy looked down at the rope around her wrist. At least they weren't chains. Those would be harder to get out of. She tucked her thumb in as close to her palm as possible and flattened her hand against the metal arm of the chair. Ignoring the pain in her side, she started to pull. There was a little give to the rope - probably in order to not cut off circulation.

She stopped and looked at Tai.

"What?" He questioned dryly.

"How secure is that left arm of yours?" She asked.

Tai glanced down and wiggled his arm around. It moved ever so slightly. When Ivy did it, there was resistance because her hand was bigger than her wrist, but Tai didn't have a left hand anymore.

"Still not much I can do with it." He stated, "It's not like I can untie the rope with a nub."

"No, but you might be able to punch a dick again."

He grinned, "You know, I'm gad if I got stuck down here with anyone, it was you."

"I'm honored."

They contemplated in silence after that, both trying to come up with some sort of plan. If they could lure a guard down here maybe Tai could surprise them, but then what? Could she slip out of her constraints? From the slight pulling she's tried the last thirty minutes her wrist was already raw and close to bleeding. With how course and thick this rope was, she would skin her hand clean trying to work its way out of it.

There was one light on outside their cell, casting shadows everywhere. Ivy wasn't able to make out much outside their cell. If they did get out of this, they wouldn't know what was out there. They wouldn't even know which way to go. They might as well walk straight into the Petrov's.

A few hours in, Ivy felt a prickle of unease crawl up her spine. Her eyes kept wandering to a corner outside the cell. It seemed darker there and she wasn't sure if her mind was playing tricks on her or if the shadow there had moved.

She looked over at Tai to see if he had noticed anything, but he was deep in thought. Her eyes flicked back seeing that it had changed shape again. This time it was larger, taller. The hairs on her arm stood up, and she strained her eyes to see better. They were well adapted to the darkness by now, but there was only so much she could see.

Tai soon caught on to Ivy's tense stature, following her gaze to the corner. His narrowed and he leaned forward.

"Who's there?" He asked, letting his voice carry through the darkness.

The shadow didn't answer, but she was now sure that it was a person. For the past thirty minutes or so, Ivy had been trying to convince herself it was just an odd shadow created by the small exposed lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. That it was hitting the corner oddly, giving the shadow a distinct shape.