Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen

Greta watched as Harry's car's tracker left Port City. She had been keeping an eye on him since she found out he had left Queenstown to do something stupid. He nor Griffin had known she had placed the tracker a while ago. With everything that had been going on, she wanted to be able to trace them if something happened. She had been at her computer all morning, watching the blinking red light, occasionally hacking into Port City's CCTV to watch it.

With a stretch, she exited off the screen. In its place was now a code running through her program that had been running for a few weeks. It was trying to track her mother.

Isabella Bianchi had fallen off the radar when Greta and her brother, Angelo, had fled their house. Greta had first tracked her whereabouts to one of her regular hideouts at an escort house, but had lost that trail a while ago.

It worried her that she didn't know where she was. Her mother was... well, deranged was probably too light a word. And Greta knew that she had it out for her. At this point, she figured her mother was planning Greta's untimely death.

She shivered, not liking that image. If only she could figure out where she was, then she could talk to Harry and get his advice.

Although, he would probably suggest he just go ahead and take care of her, but Greta knew Isabella was her responsibility.

But would she be able to kill her own mother?

Greta had no illusions that her mother was a bad person and an even worse parent, but Greta, herself, wasn't like Harry or Ivy or Ren or Saskie. She wasn't an heir. Not a true one, at least. Killing a living person wasn't her thing. Would she be able to live with herself after doing it? Part of her thought she might fumble the bag and get herself killed before pulling the theoretical trigger herself.

Her thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door, the handle turning right after. Dev entered, nodding his head at her when they locked eyes. His gait was comfortable, confident. Something Greta wished she was desperately.

"Hey," Dev greeted her, pulling up a chair to her setup and sitting down. They had worked together so often that this was just expected. Before him, Greta never would have dreamed of sharing her work with anyone. It was her little secret. But then she needed to use it to get in with Harry and he sent her Dev. "You still spying on them?"

She looked at him dryly, and corrected, "I'm looking over them, not spying on them."

"Do they know about that untraceable bug, yet?" He smirked.

With a frown, she admitted, "No."

"Hate to break it to you, babe, but that means you're spying."

She rolled her eyes, "Are you going to tell them?"

He contemplated, "Don't see the point. I kind of like knowing you pulled something like that off."

"Oh?"

"It's pretty hot."

"You're ridiculous."

Dev shrugged, "Maybe a little. So, what are you looking at here?"

Greta straightened, clicking off her code. "Nothing."

He raised an eyebrow, frowning at her. "You're being weird."

"No, I'm not."

"You can't lie to me, darling." Dev leaned in, getting close to her face.

Greta's eyes widened an she subconsciously moved back, only to be tricked when Dev fingered her keyboard and brought back her code search.