Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen

Dev ignored the buzz of his phone. He was too busy staring at the woman in his bed.

Greta laid on her side, hands clasped under the pillow, hair having fallen out of that cute bun she had in last night. Her face rested in a pout, like the one she got when her program was working too slow. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise him if she was currently dreaming about her computer.

He knew he had to get up soon. He was meeting Harry and Griffin to go over security plans, but he really didn't want to break the bubble they were in.

Last night had been overwhelming in the best possible way. Dev had felt an intimacy that he didn't know existed. Before her, sex had always been enjoyable and fun, but the idea of it being life-changing was laughable. Now, he felt stupid for thinking that all those other times were even good.

But then he thought how stupid it was for Dev to even put what he and Greg had done in the same category as the other partners he had. That had been sex. What he and Greta had done was much, much more.

A term came to mind, but he quickly shut it down. That was far too soon. He had just gotten her and he didn't want to scare her off by throwing around the "L" word.

He sighed as he heard his phone buzz again. He really couldn't ignore it any longer. Reaching over, he grabbed it and looked at the messages. Apparently, they were going to meet at Harry's office instead of his house. That meant he needed to get up now to be able to make it through traffic on time.

Sending off a quick confirmation text, Dev sat up. He heard a muffled complaint from next to him, smiling when he saw Greta's brows scrunch together in annoyance.

He leaned down and kissed the crown of her forehead. "It's okay, darling, go back to sleep." He whispered.

Dev got out of bed, grabbing the few opened condom packets on his nightstand and threw them away in the bathroom. The hot water washed the thin layer of sweat off his skin and he tried not to think of Greta's naked body in his bed, but his cock wouldn't listen and he was forced to rub a quick one out. Thankfully, he didn't have much in the tank after the long night.

His woman was as enthusiastic as he had been, reaching for him several times throughout the night. He was sure she had to be a little sore this morning. If it had been a lot of sex for him, he couldn't imagine how much it was for her.

Drying off, he slipped into some basic clothes, not bothering with trousers or a suit jacket. He brushed his teeth and fixed his hair before returning to his bed. Greta was just now sitting up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

It was torture watching the blanket slip to her waist, revealing her small, firm breasts to him when he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

"Good morning." He sat on the edge of the bed and kissed her.

"Mmmm," she hummed against him.

"I've got to meet your brother, but I'll be back in a few hours." Dev told her, combing his fingers through her hair. "Want me to bring back lunch?"

"Yes, please." Greta yawned, covering her mouth. "Do you mind if I stay?"

"Make yourself at home." He told her, not wanting to mention how much he actually meant those words. "Harry's going to have questions for you later."

She nodded, "I know. I'm going to track her down today." She pursed her lips. "I'm done with the bullshit, and I don't want to see you and Angelo hurt again."

"I know you will." He had complete and utter trust in her capabilities. Dev knew better than anyone just how good she was with computers and wouldn't be surprised if she had tracked down her mother and every living associate she has convinced to stay on her side by the time he got back.