Chapter Ninety-Three

They were all running out of steam. This fight was raging on and even Finn was starting to move sluggishly. Abigail was at his back and he could feel the jolt from her body every time she shot her gun. He hadn't let her go too far. This entire time half his energy was focused on her.

It had caused him to make stupid mistakes, ones that he would never have usually made. And Abigail had noticed.

"Get your head straight, Malone." She had practically threatened him earlier. "I can't keep saving your ass like this."

And she was right. Abigail had been protecting him while she was fighting. Half her energy was used to defend him.

Finn knew this wasn't healthy or normal. They had been in countless fights together, and Finn had never doubted her, never had to question whether she should be there. If this continued, they wouldn't last long. But Finn didn't know how to fix this. He couldn't stop himself from needing to be by her side, to save her from every enemy.

It was driving him crazy.

Finn looked around, seeing his team taking out a good portion of Petrov's men. Griffin had joined them, easily taking out a mercenary that had been taking shots at them from behind some crates. He couldn't see Ivy or Harry anywhere, only clocking the Dvorsky's on the far side, but he couldn't see what they were doing.

He thought they had been overcoming them, but this fight seemed never-ending. While Finn and his comrades were running low on ammo, Petrov and his men never seemed to run out. It was causing them to falter in their victory.

Finn stepped forward as one of the enemy came at him. Swiftly, he was able to catch the hand as the man tried to bring a blade down on him. In a blink of an eye, Finn had him on the ground, twisting his arm out of his pocket. A strangled yell left the man, but was stopped short as a bullet hit his forehead.

"This is my last clip." Abigail let the empty one fall out and replaced it with a new one. "We're running out of time, Finn."

"I know." He said. "How do they have so much ammo?"

"They must have reserves hidden around here." She replied, "If we can just take out the remaining soldiers before we run out completely..."

"Come with me." Finn took her hand and pulled her along so they were running towards the middle of the cavern. There was some blown up cargo, providing some coverage. Griffin joined them as they passed, although a little slower.

As Finn and Abigail hopped into the middle of the ruins, Abigail swung her leg out and knocked the Petrov soldier who was currently showering bullets on their men with a machine gun in the back of the head. He crumpled to the floor and Finn shot him in the back of the head. Griffin joined them a moment later.

"Where's Ivy?" Finn asked him. "Harry?"

"Ivy was supposed to head over your way." Griffin told them, frowning. "You haven't seen her?"

"No."

"I saw her." Came a new voice.

Finn looked around and saw Knox and Rowan joining them. Knox nodded at him and continued, "A while ago, but she saved my ass."

"And Styles?" Abigail asked.

"He was heading towards the Dvorsky's." Griffin said, ducking lower to avoid any random bullets. "The plan is to escape via Blossom Street."

He pointed towards the tunnel nearest them.

"That's where I saw your sister last." Knox mentioned to Finn.

Rowan was covering them as they spoke, with assistance from Abby every few moments. Finn pursed his lips together, glancing at her as she secured her last clip into place. Griffin peered over at the tunnel, then scanned his eyes around the pavilion.