Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen

Start from the beginning

The footage was a little grainy, but Greta sat down and flicked through the outside cameras to find a different angle. She followed the figure, mainly seeing them from the side or back. It was like they knew where the cameras were.

Then, she got the perfect angle. Right above the entrance just as the figure passed underneath. Greta didn't see a face, but she did see the figure bring their hand up to adjust their coat. Their hands were covered by driving gloves, but at the very edge of the gloves was a detail that Greta recognized.

"Ready to go?"

Greta heard Dev from behind her, waving him over. She had paused the video and replayed that fraction of a frame.

"What's this?"

"This," Greta said, clicking through the cameras and watching the person get out of their car and walk towards the entrance again. She could place that strut now, "is my mother."

Dev sat down next to her, immediately focused. "Where?"

"Outside the prison where Patrick Styles is being held."

She looked over at him to see him look surprised. His eyes were glued to the screen. "How can you tell it's her?"

Greta pointed at the gloves. "See that? The gold pins on the gloves. It's an I and a B. Given to her by my dad." Her mouth flattened. "Before she had him killed. She's got the same gait too. I can tell it's her."

"Okay," he nodded, "how long ago was this?"

"About ten minutes. She'll be inside by now."

"Probably going off an alias." Dev suggested.

She nodded, "Bet she's been waiting to get cleared by their security. The prison is tough, but my mother has access to some of the best counterfeit artists. I should be able to..." Greta accessed the prison's back system, "get the names of everyone that's signed in today- There it is!"

Dev leaned forward. "There's a few. Probably not Matthew Skinner."

"No, she'll be using something that means something to her. Something with weight." Greta muttered, "Something that sounds important. There: Vivian Taylor. She was an old Hollywood starlet my mother loved."

"Never heard of her."

"Well, it's technically two put together." Greta corrected herself. "Vivian Layne and Cassidy Taylor."

"Looks like she's in the waiting room."

Greta typed in the alias to her program and immediately results popped up. She smiled, "This is it, Dev. I found her."

His hand gently squeezed the back of her neck. She looked over at him and saw him smiling softly at her. "You did it. We've got everything we need now."

"What should we do now?" She asked, a little lost now that they had a lead.

"We'll go to the wedding." Dev said, "Tell Harry and figure out a plan of action."

She didn't like putting it off, but they knew where she was now. They had records of the various hotels and rentals she was using. There was a paper trail they could follow now. Her mother would not be able to disappear any longer.

Nodding, she synced up her program with her phone so she would have instant updates on movements with her at all times.

"Alright, let's go."

†††

Finn finished with the cufflinks on his wrists then looked in the full body mirror. He was wearing a nice tux fit for a wedding.