Chapter 39: Monster Man

Lady Shiva:

As the giant monster picks me up and throws me against the rooftop, I feel a sharp pain shoot throughout my shoulder before spreading out to my whole arm. It takes everything I have not to scream out.

"Ahh," I moan. Looking back up, I see the man in the sunglasses, at least I think it's him, swinging his arm. Somehow, the man in the sunglasses had transformed. Now, he is some sort of giant white monster, with no eyes but hundreds of teeth. It looks like he's wearing some sort of armor but this armor is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

"Attack him," Black Mask yells, "Attack him! Go! Go! Go!"

Black Mask and the whole gang approach the monster. They fire everything they have at him. Even Black Mask fires more explosive rounds at it. Fire and smoke engulf the monster. As it burns, the monster raises its head and roars into the night sky.

It seems even the sky is shaking as the monster roars. Its roar forces some of our men nearest to the monster onto their knees. They drop their guns and slam their hands against the ears. They stay on their knees for only a few seconds before falling over.

"Sir," I say, pointing at the fire and smoke as they die down. When the final fire flickers, we can see the monster still standing. The monster, now covered in what looks like blood veins, is breathing heavily through its pitch-black nose. Its teeth are grinding against each other, turning themselves into dust.

"Holy shit," Black Mask says, stepping back. He's loading another explosive round into his gun but as he is doing this, the monster charges toward him. The monster shakes the whole building as he runs toward Black Mask.

Spectre:

Before the man in the sunglasses can do anything to Black Mask, I fly through the building's rooftop, phasing right through it.

"Stop right there," I say, holding out my hand. "This is not---"

The man in the sunglasses, no, the rampaging monster doesn't even let me finish. He swings his arm and somehow, despite using the same power I use to phase through the rooftop, hits me. I scream as I fall to the rooftop, bouncing off of it before landing with a loud thud.

"Ahh," I moan, holding my chest. "Wha--What was that? How did he hit me? It's not possible. My powers."

I watch from a distance as the monster grabs Black Mask. Black Mask, despite being in the monster's gasp, still tries fighting. He raises his rifle and fires right into the monster's head. However, the monster just swallows them. The monster opens its mouth as Black Mask fires and eats all the rifle bullets. By the time Black Mask's rifle goes empty, the monster's mouth is smoking.

"Oh shit," Black Mask says, dropping his rifle. Blowing a thick cloud of smoke right in Black Mask's face, the monster opens its mouth impossibly large. It then lunges forward.

Supergirl:

"What was that," I ask, stopping to look around. While flying through the night sky above Hub City, I see a massive fire not too far away. About to fly to the fire, I stop when I hear a massive explosion. The explosion must have happened at the fire because, after a few minutes, the burning buildings collapsed and the fire died down.

I don't even have time to ask what happened because almost immediately, I hear gunfire. A loud scream follows the gunfire. I don't waste a second and fly to the scream. It doesn't take long for me to locate the source of the scream.

"I know you," I say, seeing a man in a white suit and a black mask. "I know you but from where? Oh, shoot!"

I was so focused on the man in the white suit that I didn't even see the giant monster holding him. I rush to save him but it's too late. The monster lunges forward and bites the man on his shoulder.