Chapter 12: Catfight

Jaime Reyes:

"How do you think the others are doing?"

I look away from the window and at Selina and Dinah

"I'm sure the others are fine," Selina answers from the driver's seat. "I mean, Poison Ivy is with Supergirl, and Firestorm is one of our heaviest hitters. He, or they, can make anything from nothing. If anything, it's us that you should be worried about."

I'm about to ask Selina what she means but Selina quickly turns around and looks at me. She then nudges her head over to Dinah and Barry.

Dinah had been quiet this whole trip. She hadn't said a single word, even before we all split into different teams and went to different cities. The same is with Barry. He had been quiet this whole day. Besides also not saying a single word, he had been looking down this whole time, playing some his thumbs.

"Dinah must be worried about Oliver," I thought, "But what is Barry's problem? Why hadn't he said or done anything?"

I look at Barry who is sitting next to me. The only thing he's doing is looking down at his hands, playing thumbs war with himself.

"Hey Barry," I say, "What are you doing?"

I try to grab his hands but he shoots back.

"Nothing," Barry shouts. "I'm doing nothing!"

He coughs as he shoves his hands into his pockets. Sighing as he looks around, Barry stops at the window.

"What is this," he asks. "Where are we?"

"We're in Star City," I answer. "Remember? We're supposed to be on the lookout for any trouble because Superman pulled out a lot of his troops and now the cities are in danger."

"Oh yeah," Barry says. "Yeah. I remember. Well, we've been driving around for a while, and so far, nothing. Ha, so much for the cities being in danger."

As if somehow on cue, we hear the sound of someone screaming. Selina stomps on the brake and we turn our heads.

"The screams are coming from in there," I say, pointing at what looks like a large, abandoned building. The metal walls are rusted, the windows and doors are all boarded up, and the whole place is surrounded by a chain-link fence. Despite all of this, I can still see lights coming from the inside.

"I'm going to check it out," I say, opening the door. While running to the building, I activate the scarab, the armor quickly taking over. My casual shirt and pants disguise are destroyed and in their places is the black and blue armor. As I approach the building, I stop when something catches my leg.

"Ahh," I scream as I grab my leg and look down. The thing that caught me, it's a bear trap! "What's a bear trap doing here?"

I don't have much time to think about it. As I try to pull my leg out, I hear a voice coming from the building.

"A new patient," someone in a pink pig mask says. "Excellent. Please go and get him."

The boarded-up doors slam open and all these people start coming out. They're wearing what looks like nurse scrubs, and they're all slowly limping toward me. A gate in the fence opens, ensuring a clear path to me.

"Ahh man," I say, trying to pull my leg free as the people get closer to me. "I wonder how the others are doing."

Cheetah:

Wads of split fly out of my mouth as Lady Shiva punches me in the stomach. Bending down as she does, Lady Shiva then jumps onto and rolls over my back. She grabs my arm while rolling over my back and throws me into one of her SUVs. Moaning as I push myself up, I shake my head and look at Lady Shiva.