Chapter 33: Fighting the Lords

Leonard Snart:

I scream as Yellow Lantern hits me with one of his annoying yellow beams. As Lantern's beam hits me, it knocks me off my feet and onto the floor. Groaning as my chest burns, I look at Yellow Lantanter as he flies toward me, his stupid, stupid ring glowing like a fucking sun.

"Give it up, Snart" Yellow Lantern says, bringing up his ring. "You can't beat me. Even with your cold gun."

"Damnit," I say, looking down at my cold gun. My memory is still a bit hazy but I could have sworn my cold gun had some sort of "ice bomb" setting before. "I could really use it now."

Biting my tongue, fighting through the burning pain, I turn around and fire my cold gun at Yellow Lantern. However, Yellow Lantern blocks it with another one of his see-through walls. The wall is quickly covered in ice, all of the ice falling to the floor when Lantern calls back his wall. Grabbing at the floor, I start to crawl away.

"Come on," I say, kicking against the floor and pushing myself away. "Come on. Come on!"

I turn around and fire again but the same exact thing happened. None of the ice from my cold gun even so much as touches Yellow Lantern. With my finger still on the trigger as I shoot, I look behind me and see the stairs leading to the floor above me. Somehow, while fighting, the floor beneath Lantern and I disappeared, turning into dust. While Lantern hovers, I fall down to the next level.

"I have to make sure Lisa is okay," I tell myself. "Lisa needs me! I can't let her down. I can't let her--"

I stop talking to myself when I hear a beeping sound. My head snapping around, I see the lights on my cold gun flickering.

"Oh dammit," I yell, watching my cold gun stop firing. With the battery cells dead and needing to recharge, I'm left defenseless as Yellow Lantern approaches me. He grabs me by the shirt collar and lifts me up.

"Listen to me when I said this," Lantern whispers, placing my ear right next to him. "Give this to him."

Lantern reaches from behind himself and slams something into the palm of my hand. Whatever it is, it's flat and silver-colored.

"What the hell," I say, looking at the thing. Looking like some sort of credit card, I look back up to see Lantern pulling back his yellow ring. Shooting his hand forward, Lantern blasts me with another yellow beam. Screaming as I fly through the air, I expect my back to hit solid ground any second. However, something happens and instead, I feel a strong wind, and then I find myself on my knees.

"Snart," someone in a red suit says. "Snart! Are you okay?"

"Who the hell are you? Wait a second. I know you."

"Of course, you know me," the jackass replies. "We fought each other so many times I have permanent frostbites."

It takes me a few seconds but I think I finally recognize the fucker from the One Earth's most wanted.

"Your name is...Barry," I say. "You're...You're the Flash."

"Yes," Flash says, nodding his head. "It's me. Do you remember me?"

I pull back my fist and punch Flash across the face. He screams and holds his chin.

"Yeah," Flash says. "You do remember me."

"More or less," I say, pushing myself to my feet. "I remember you and I don't get along."

"Stay here," Flash tells me. Turning around, he leaves me, running down the stairs. Letting out a moan as I raise my shirt and look down, I see a large purple bruise near my waist. It's surrounded by some more bruises but I pull my shirt down and look around.