Chapter 27: Under Attack

Supergirl:

I lunge forward, pushing all the other soldiers out of the way to grab the sunglasses.

"Hey," the soldiers yell after I pushed them. The soldier with the sunglasses, however, doesn't move at all. He stays still even as I pull the sunglasses right off his body armor. I stare at the sunglasses.

The sunglasses have blue lenses with black rims. As I look at the sunglasses, I can't help but feel like something is off.

"No," I think. "Not just off, but familiar. Why do these look so familiar?"

The more I look at the sunglasses, the more something starts to form in my head. It starts as flashes at first but very soon, it turns into something else.

"What is this?"

I look around but I'm not in New Metropolis anymore. I'm in a glass cell, with red lights over me. The only thing in the cell with me is a small bed. As I stand in the cell, I start to panic. The air becomes thin. I feel myself start to choke on it. Everything becomes blurry and my knees go out.

Falling onto the floor, I begin to cry. I don't know why I'm crying but the tears push their way through. I see them drop onto the floor as I feel something crushing me.

"I wouldn't go that far," a voice says out of nowhere. As I hear the voice, whatever it was that was crushing me disappears and I can stand up again. "Don't worry. I'm here to help."

Following the voice, I turn around and see the outline of a person.

"Who--Who are you?"

Before the person can answer, the world around me shakes. It shakes and everything crumbles. The world around me crumbles to nothing and I find myself back in New Metropolis.

"Kara," Dinah says, shaking me. "Kara!"

"What," I say, shaking my head. "What? What is it? Oh. Hey Dinah. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong," Dinah repeats. She lets go of my shoulders and looks at me. "I should be asking you that. What are you doing out here? The meeting ended and now we're all wondering where you've been."

"I...I was..."

I try to answer Dinah but for some reason, I can't. Instead, I look down at my but see nothing.

"The sunglasses," I shout. I step back and look at the floor. "The sunglasses! Where did they go? Where are they?"

"They," Dinah repeats. "What? Kara, what are you looking for?"

"A pair of sunglasses," I answer.

"A pair of sunglasses," Dinah repeats. As I keep looking for the sunglasses, I hear a scream and look back at Dinah. Dinah is stumbling around with her hand against her forehead.

"Ahh," she cries out. About to fall, I rush ahead and catch her. After I catch her, I help steady Dinah before pushing her back onto her feet.

"Now I'm asking what's wrong."

"I don't know," Dinah answers. "Something about sunglasses."

As soon as I hear the words sunglasses again, a flash goes off and I see cracks all over the world.

"What the heck," I say, stepping back. I look around and see bright-glowing cracks everywhere; on the ground, on the wall, even floating in the air. The cracks stay there before another flash and the cracks are gone.

"Dinah," I say, looking between everything and Dinah. "Dinah! Did you see that?"

"See what," Dinah asks. She shakes her head before looking around. "What am I looking at?"