Tech's IT Call and Sister Talk

When Tech and you get home, he goes back to reading up on programming. He wants to have an idea of what he may be working on for the IT technician Nan told you about. She had mentioned Linux and Javascript. He pulled out your laptop and continued his research as you made dinner.

He found that both the system and programming language were similar to what he used in his universe, making it easier for him to figure it out faster. He was going to call the contact, Rita, the next day to find out what he could do to help. He had calculated that you would both need to save $569 a day, not accounting for weekends, to get the money in the time frame.

You called him over to the kitchenette, and he grabbed the plate you handed him. It was chicken with sliced vegetables and smelled of one of the new spice blends you had bought. You both sit down and he goes back to reading and eating. He can tell you are smirking at him as you look over at him.

When he is done, he grabs your plate and his and washes them before going back to the laptop. "Do you mind if I put on some music?" He shakes his head as he tells you no. He is engrossed with his reading when you speak.

"Did you want to do anything tomorrow, or do you want to continue reading up on computers?"

"As much as I enjoy our time together going out, I really want to research more. I want to be ready for what the IT technician has for me to do."

"That's fair. I think I might go visit my sister then. I haven't had a chance to talk with her since you arrived." Tech hums as he thinks back to what you had told him of your family. You have half brothers and sisters, but were only close with your biological sister.

Tech thought of his Batch, and missed them. He knew he would likely never see them again, but felt their absence all the same.

You both sit in companionable silence, listening to the music, Tech reading and you crocheting for a couple of hours before you decide to turn in. Tech wishes you a good night as he keeps reading.

When Tech finally comes to bed, he feels more confident in his knowledge of computers. He finds you softly snoring and spoons you, feeling the warmth of your body against his. He falls asleep to the sound of your breathing.

The next morning, you text your sister, asking if you can come over. Once she says yes, you get ready to head over. Tech is eating breakfast as he watches YouTube videos on programming. You kiss his forehead as you leave, hearing a hum from Tech.

You arrive with donuts from your favorite shop. Once you see your sister's smiling face, you feel your anxiety drain away. You give her a big hug.

"Hey baby sis!" You laugh as she gives you a dirty look. "You know how much I hate that." Her arms are crossed across her chest. "Exactly, that's why I do it."

"So what do I owe this visit to? You've been pretty distant the last week or so." You duck your head, feeling bad for not communicating more with her. She is your best friend and confident, but you have no idea how she is going to react to the Tech situation.

"I know and I'm sorry. I've been busy with stuff this past week and a half." Kay raises her brow. "What kind of stuff?" You try to think of a way of telling your sister about Tech.

"Do you remember that movie Kate and Leopold? The one with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman?" Your sister cocks her head. "You mean the one where the Duke gets brought forward in time and falls in love with the modern woman?"

You lick your lips and nod your head. "Yeah. Well, just imagine that, but with a fictional character instead." She gives you a confused look. "Alright, you lost me. What is going on?"