Tech's Morning

Your alarm goes off several times before you finally get up. You had the weirdest dream last night! You watched the final episodes of 'The Bad Batch', and all of a sudden, Tech fell into your room. As if! You must've been more affected by Tech's death than you realized, if you're having dreams about him.

You get up from the bed and stretch your arms and back, feeling the familiar cracking. You grab your phone, turning on some oldies as you head into the bathroom to shower. You feel the heat of the water stream over your body as you relax and wake up. You start singing to the tune, off key. Who cares what you sound like in the comfort of your own home, right? Your hands find the bottle of shampoo on the window ledge, and begin washing through your hair, soft moans escaping your lips. You lather up your body with your loofah, feeling refreshed as you rinse the soap and grime away.

As you shut off the water, you squeeze any excess water from your hair and reach for your towel to dry off. Wrapping the towel around your body, you exit the bathroom to head over to your closet for your work clothes. You work at an optical shop, and your boss is pretty lax on attire. So long as you're presentable and practice proper hygiene, you're good. You pick out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a nice black tank top with little geometric shapes that look like fox heads on it.

As you dry off your hair, you style it in your usual way, apply a minimal amount of makeup, and check your phone. Still an hour till you had to be there to open, plenty of time to stop at Starbucks for a drink. You went to your bedroom door (why is it closed?) and opened it to someone sitting on your couch in armor. You make a high pitched squeak as you slam the bedroom door again and put your back against the door. Your heart is pounding out of your chest as you run through what is going on.

Through the door, you hear the other person scrambling off the couch, armor clanking together as they stand next to the door, calling for you.

"I..I'm sorry if I startled you. I do not know if you remember what happened last night, but I fell through a portal of some kind and ended up in your universe…"

Missing whatever else he is saying to you, you feel the previous night's events come crashing back to you. Tech fell in the show, right into your bedroom. You slowly open the door as you see Tech standing there, helmet off and sitting in the crook of his arm. He regards you with a cautious look, as if dealing with a frightened animal.

You smile as you apologize. "I'm sorry, Tech. I completely forgot you were here, thinking what happened was a dream." You remembered that you were going to call in, so you pulled out your phone to text your boss. Tech stares as your thumbs glide over the phone screen. He notices it looks like a smaller version of the tablet you let him use.

You groan as your boss reminds you that she was called in for jury duty, so you'll have to work. You decide that you should take Tech with you, just to keep an eye on him, as well as introduce him to this new world. You look over at Tech, seeing him in his armor. You wonder if he'll be okay to take it off for now.

"I was going to see if I could take the day off, but my boss reminded me she has a prior commitment, which means you get to come to my work with me." Tech's brows lift at that, and he readjusts his goggles. "Are you sure that is wise? Will your employer be upset if you bring me along?"

You wave him off as you head to the kitchenette to grab your water bottle. You rummage through the cabinet for another one for Tech as you continue. "No, it should be fine. She won't mind. I just figured you might want to get out of here, and this will make it easier to keep an eye on you."

Looking down at your phone again, you see you still have time for Tech to take a shower as well, since he was on a mission before falling, quite literally, into your world. You turn around and see Tech is fidgeting with his goggles again. You come to rest your hand on his elbow to calm his movements. You lick your lips as you look up at him, noticing his eyes fall to your lips before coming back to your eyes. You smile up at him.