6 : ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ!

Pov:Arnav

We decided to drive to Dooth Thalai,Arjun seated in the passenger seat and her in the back seat, talking with Arjun non stop about stuffs they only understand..
Ofcourse Iam their third wheel here..!
(Eye roll)

You know,I am a careful l driver.. I usually am but this time I had my eyes on somebody more often than necessary.
I hated that My eyes automatically reached the rearview mirror frequently.. Cant blame me!.. Her vivid expressions while chirping, her jumkas which danced to the wind, her pretty laughters and her silky hair was too much to handle..
I said dont blame me.... Yaaaarr

After a "beautyful" ride, we reached our destination!

📍Dooth Talai

Dhooth Talai was

Dhooth Talai was..." PEACE!"
I didnt knew there laid a peacefull, quiet, simple lake hidden between the Happening-chaotic sides of Udaipur!

I just closed my eyes and sood there for long time, just exhaling and inhaling!

I love loud places.. Parties-shops-streets filled with chatter.. But this silence I experienced here was something that made the former less luxurious than the later..

Khushi was taking photos of both the lake and Arjun.. With a foolish smile that etched in my lips, I sat down in the greeen grass... Staring at the lake, lost in my thoughts.. That was when someone patted my shoulder from behind.. "Penny for thoughts?"
"Hm.. Sit down" I patted the ground next to me.. She sat down adjusting her kurtha and removing her chappals...
"Where is mr.Hero?"
"Hmm... He is playing in the park "..
Her eyes were focussed on the farthest horizon maybe lost in thoughts.. Do I need to speak? Does she want some alome time?.. Is she in a mood to speak? Many questions revolved around my head...that was when my phone rang
"Hello.."
"Heloo Doctor... We have a surgery next day and I have a doubt... The left valve...."
My junior doctor was going on and on..I explained everythung slowly and clearly
"Ohh are u a doctor?" She was curious when I finished the call
"Ohh.. Finally !.. Yes madam.. Iam a cardiologist"
"Oh wow... I always wanted to become a doctor.. But I ended up here"
"Whats wrong with a software engineer? Its a very great role"
"Hey hello.. Where is Mr. Chopra... Someone nice has replaced him.."
"Hahaha.. Funny Miss Kapoor..."
"Aaaaaaand he is back" she rol led her eyes.. And I felt somethnng funny down my stomach..this is the fourth time she rolled her eyes at me and everytime I flinched and blushed deeep inside.. I dont know how a rolling of eyes turned me on.. No no no .. We are not going there.....
"Uhm...So where do u work" She asked
"Currently our family has 5 hospitals but I work for a government hospital bcs I dont wany others to think that I became a Doctor bsc of my father..u know.."
"Oh thats great yaar"
"I dont know why I said that to u.. I never say that to anyone.. God.. Ewww"
"Its okai.. I have heard people telling me that Iam a good listener.. U can go on if u want"
"Well... Now my father wants me to join his hopsital at UK... I really want to work there but Iam scared of me being a nepo doctor.. Here... Working in a governemnt hospital.. Working with normal people.. Treating the poor ones.. Its always fulffiling and satisfying.. U know.. But there.. I know its gonna be diffefent... I will always be the boss's son.. And I hate that u know"

"Ya thats understandable... My father also has a lot of businesses and asked me to join him.. He and my mom yelled at me to choose businesss studies for my ug and pg.. But I loved coding and computers from a young age and I struggled a lot to finally take that course.. But u know what.. At the end of the day.. Iam happy.. Maybe he wont have anyone to look after the businesss.. But Iam happy yar.. I think thats my endgame"
I looked at her as if Iam seeing her for the first time.. We were similar in many aspects... And I badly wanted to hold her hands to assure her that he decision is right..But I could not...

I.COULD.NOT!