I Can't Without You

Stef's POV

"How... is she okay?" I ask to Mariana over the phone, praying to God that it's nothing for I can't lose Lena.

"We don't know, the doctors won't talk to us, they want an adult, please mom come!" Mariana says, crying on the phone as I feel my heard racing.

"I'm coming baby, I'm on my way my love, don't worry, I'm coming." I say before I hang up to run to my car, I don't care if I'm already in my pajama, my wife needs me, my kids need me. What was I thinking?

I drove as fast as I could and reach the hospital in less than fifteen minutes because I put the siren on. I enter the hospital, ask for the floor and took the elevator. When I reached the fourth floor, I saw Brandon and Callie against a wall.

"What happened?" I ask as they look relieved to see me.

"We don't really know, Jude found her on the floor, and we tried to shake her to wake her up, but she didn't so I called the ambulance." Brandon says, worried in his voice.

"You did the right thing, baby." I barely have the time to say when Mariana came out of nowhere.

"That is all your fault, you left us! You left us, and mama might be dying, and you wouldn't even know if it weren't for us!" she screamed at me, her eyes full of tears as I grab her to pull her in my arms because I know she's scared and she's angry witch I understand as she put her arms around me as well, sobbing into my chest.

"It's okay my love, shh it's okay, baby..." I say even though I have no idea if it will be okay...

"Stay here with your siblings, I need to find the doctor." I say, pulling away because I need to see Lena, I need to know that she's okay and now, before I lose my damn mind.

"Excuse me, I'm Stef Adams Foster, my wife is here, Lena Adams Foster, how is she, please?" I ask to the receptionist.

"Ma'am, the doctor will come to you. You have to wait." She said so damn rudely, and I wasn't in the mood at all.

"I'm not waiting a damn thing! Tell me where my wife is, right now!" I raise my voice, making everyone look at me, but I don't care at all.

"Stef, Stef, come with me. I'll take you to your wife." I hear someone say as I glare so hard at the freaking receptionist.

I turn my head and I'm surprise to see our OB. Lena and I had the same one for years, and... she was here when we lost Franky.

"What... why are you here? You're an OB, what going on?" I ask concern, for Lena passed out, what the hell an OB has to do with this.

"I just saw the kids in the hallway, and I went to check on her since she had high blood pressure the last time... you know..." Dr. Hillcroft says, trying to spare me the reminder, but I think about my baby every day, I never stopped thinking about her...

"Is she okay? Is it her blood pressure again?" I ask as we walk towards Lena's room.

"Yes. That, and... well Stef, did you notice anything about Lena's alimentation lately?" she asks.

"No... I mean, I... honestly, I haven't been much around lately so I... I don't know... but why? Why are you asking me that? What's wrong?" I say, embarrassed that I have no idea what to respond to something like that, and more and more anxious about the whole thing.

"Well, her blood pressure like I said, is way too high, and her nutrition level is way too low. She lacks vitamins, magnesium, iron, honestly, she lacks everything, like she has been starving. She's also very dehydrated. She's honestly lucky that it's not worst and that she's not suffering from organs failure. She really, really needs to eat Stef." she says as my heart is pounding into my ears for what the hell is that?