11 | Defensive Synchrony.

May 24, 2013 | 8:30am
Ashbourne City | Remi Residence.

Kea, now Aiden, stands in the hallway outside his room, the hallway loaded with boxes for his approaching move. He takes out his phone to check it, but his attention is quickly diverted when he sees Callum coming out of his room with a box in hand. Aiden decides to put his phone away, a smile forming on his face as Callum places the box down.

"Thank you for helping me, Callum," Aiden expresses, his gratitude as clear as his troubled thoughts.

Callum straightens up, a warm smile adorning his face as he gazes down at Aiden. "I'm glad you asked, handsome." He closes the distance between them and gently kisses Kea's forehead.

In this intimate moment, the door to Kia's room suddenly swings open, catching their attention. Callum turns to see Kia stepping out, dressed in a stunning white dress that beautifully complements her Nubian complexion.

The dress is made of a soft, double-lined material, featuring a high halter neck with sleeve cuts and cut-out detail between the bust and at the sides of the waist. With its bodycon fit and invisible back zipper, the dress hugs her figure in all the right places. Kia even carries studded crystal-like pumps in her hand, and wears delicate gold jewelry.

She pauses, her gaze shifting between Aiden and Callum, mouth poised as if she is about to say something, but instead, she closes her door and walks past them, heading down the hall.

Callum lets out a sigh and remarks, "Well, I half expected her to insult either you or me." Turning his attention back to Aiden, Callum notices that his gaze is still fixed in the direction Kia went and concern washes over him as he asks, "Are you okay? Don't tell me you're upset about leaving this personal hell."

Snapped out of his thoughts, Aiden shakes his head and smiles up at Callum. "Definitely not upset," he reassures him. "I need to move out, it was long overdue. But discovering this new information about my mom... I-I don't know how to feel."

Callum sighs, his eyes filled with love as he stares at Aiden. "Aiden, this is your family," he says softly, using the name he has chosen for himself which fills his heart with warmth. "I won't judge you if you feel conflicted about it."

Aiden, now fully embracing his true identity, smiles and leans into Callum's arms and kisses him tenderly on the lips, their connection filled with deep affection.

Callum grins against Aiden's lips and playfully asks, "What was that for?"

Aiden pulls back slightly, his eyes shining with love. "Because I love you, silly," he replies, sincerity and adoration brimming in his voice.

Callum chuckles, unable to contain his joy, and proceeds to shower Aiden's face with kisses, eliciting giggles from him. However, their moment of bliss is interrupted by a subtle clearing of the throat and they pull apart, Callum nearly tripping over a box behind his leg.

"Shit," he mutters, before looking up to see Aiden's mother, Marie, standing there, observing them.

"Hey, Mom, um... what's happening?" Aiden inquires, his voice betraying a hint of anxiety.

With utmost respect, Callum addresses Marie, "Good day, Mrs. Remi."

"Hello, Callum," Marie acknowledges the presence of the young man before shifting her attention to Aiden. "I... see you're already packing your belongings," she comments, attempting to mask her emotions with a forced chuckle. However, Aiden sees right through the facade, recognizing the look in his mother's eyes that reveals a reluctance to let go of her child. "I suppose I'll have to start getting used to the idea."