Chapter 28

"Everything is all set," I said as I wiped the last grain of bread crumbs on the kitchen counter.

"This house surely gives me chills," Rashin said as he dropped a crate of beer on the countertop.

"Erm," I cleared my throat. "The fridge is over there, not here."

"I'm glad you know where these go, get to it." I rolled my eyes and started packing the beer in the deep freezer.

"Why does ny house give you chills, if I may ask? I questioned, skeptical to do so.

"The thought of you and Amanda..." I almost dropped a bottle at the mention of her name. The next took me by more suprise, "Did you love her?"

"I don't entertain such feelings, ever since Macarena did her part with my heart." I answered recklessly

"So you just fucked her for fun," he countered.

"Absolutely not, I'm not that kind of a boy."

"Is it?" He asked with rage. I noticed I had to be careful with my next words. I remained silent. I continued packing the beers. I took the crate outside, then came back inside and found Rashin pleasing himself with one of the beers.

"She was a friend," I finally said. "After my mother died, I had no friends whatsoever, she was the only one who made me sure I am okay, cheered me up here and there. She had her own way of numbing the pain. She made me dance at the park in the middle of the night. Forcefully made me play Uno with her."

"Are you still sad about your mother?"

"That is not important." I answered as I sat down at the seat next to him.

To my suprise he tapped my shoulder and said "Everything will be okay. "

"I hope so."

"Cigarette?" He offered.

"No thanks, I do not do those." I rejected with a judging eye.

"Come on," he scoffed. "We were drinking gin the other day.

"Okay, just a puff," I said reluctantly. I took the burning stick and etched it on my mouth. I sucked hard, I felt the smoke choke my lungs and coughed in response, really hard.

"Even Joel is better than you," Rashin half laughed.

"No way that wimp is better than me" I laughed and coughed at the same time. All we had to do now is wait for people to show up. Rashin stood up and went away. I heard his engine roar and tires screech outside. Talking about Amanda made me miss her, even though if I was caught looking her way would get me killed. Out of boredom I decided to take a peak at my messages, then a notification popped up. A video, it was from the school group.

*sound playing from video.

"How could you sit on his thigh knowing very well you kissed ny boyfriend in front of him?" Macarena roared at Selena, who sat relaxed and cosily on Zed's lap.

"I am in no mood to argue with you, Macarena so please leave." Selena said in a low voice. She turned to go on and kiss his boyfriend Zed in front of the fuming Macarena. A hot slap crossed Zed's face separating the two lovebirds from kissing.

"Oh sorry brother! It was meant for this bitch." Macarena mocked as Zed held his left cheek.

"What the fuck?!" Zed fumed. "James, hold your little mad girlfriend before I hurt her. Zed shouted as he stormed out of the scene, leaving the two women head with each other.

"Okay, now you hold my attention!" Selena stepped closer closing the distance between them.

I am so ashamed to call you a friend. I thought I was a whore, but looking at you, I find comfort in your actions." Macarena bursted