Chapter 7

The walk from the "streetlight" to home was amazingly a long one. What am I doing ? Why was I doing this ? Even after kissing Selena I wasn't healed. I was still in love with Maca! I still thought about her every single moment. I was arguing, battling the feelings that has amazingly played with my heart - the girl who I loved credulously.

Thoughts flew in my mind as fumbled on the doorstep of my humble home.
As I tried to make my way to my bedroom, I found my mom waiting for me behind the dining table.

Patrick McHale!" she shouted and banged her palms at the brown wooden table. " Yes mother" I said at a low tone and obviously looking down I couldn't bear seeing the tears in her eyes.. " So tell me, what do you want for yourself?" she asked loudly.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"You first didn't take your tumor meds for the past 3 days..and the minute you go back to school, you decided to turn into king-kong and burst heads open just because they kissed your girl..and to make matters worse, you get suspended for a whole two weeks and then you put the nail to the coffin by coming home late. What has really gotten into you?,huh. What is wrong with you?" She asked with a fragile voice. I saw her taking deep breaths.

I was slowly killing my mom. She was dead worried about me. I, for one was afraid of what I have become. I never came home late in my entire life. But ever since I came back from the hospital things changed, my life to be specific.
Did I do all this? Was it worth it? And as I was still stuck in my headspace, I heard my mom breath heavily and she had her hand next to her heart. "Fuck" I shouted. My language was absolutely getting out of hand also. I really had changed.
"Mom try breathing, please." I ran over to the kitchen counter and filled a glass with water and gave it to her so she can drink, with my hands obviously shaking.
This was getting out of hand she was suffocating and couldn't say a word, "Mom...mom..mom..."- she passed out! This was a shock. My mother just fell unconsciously - She was not breathing or moving, just lifeless! Lying there - lifeless. I felt a very sharp pain against my chest as the ambulance drove by the streets. I prayed they just made it in time.