Chapter 6

As the week went on, the news of a bully stroke down by nerd went on and circulated around the school and I was exposed to a lot of people, girls mostly. They news circulated around each and every corner. My life took a complete drift.

I forgot about Macarena. Hurt. I was obviously exploited. Why me? Yeahhh. I forgot I even had to apologize. I hadn't seen her the whole week! I also made a few friends at school and they called me "Starr" for Patrick from the SpongeBob franchise was a starfish.

A week later, I was summoned to the office again.
" Well Mr McHale, your verdict has now finalized been finalized" he cleared his throat. " We have decided with the Disciplinary Committee that you have a two-week suspension, and you have to visit James at the hospital every day until he's discharged. Make sure you make peace with him" the Headteacher said slowly but with emphasis looking directly into my eyes.

"With that said pack your bags and go.... home" he snapped, and I complied.
As I went down the stairs I could hear the whole block. shouting out my name. They chanted! It was barbaric but still I enjoyed it.

I wasn't used to this. I was used to walking around the hall unnoticed and with peace. They chanted my name from every block. I realized that I wasn't the only one tortured by James. Then I went out of school further from the chanting and shouting. I walked alone and I was angry that I even started kicking out stones.

"That usually delipidates the shoe faster, be warned." A smile came from my behind. "I heard you were chucked out, I couldn't let you go alone, let me keep you company" she recommended.

One of Macarena's closest friends, Selena, was there. She was a petite girl with darker skin and small, perceptive eyes. Her back was covered in straight, brown hair. She was shorter than normal in height, and her stomach was constricted.

"Uhm thank you" I replied shyly. " You're Selena, right?"

"You sure got that right." She opened her arms to hug me. I liked the thought of hugging a total stranger. My mother was the only woman I was allowed to hug. We played about while strolling the town. We progressed from rock-kicking matches to back rides to hijacking hypermarket carts and using them to ride about our idyllic tiny town. We went to the recently launched ice cream truck and sampled every flavour we could think of until our ears began to ache from the sugar.

"Uhm Starr... I have to go now." She gave me a direct look in the eyes, and I instantly knew what to do. I moved in closer and gave her a slow kiss while just savouring the sensation. Everything was made better by the ice cream-cooled lips of the woman. The streetlight we shared a kiss under added to the romance. Her hands hardened me and raised my guy up. OH my. In all honesty, that was a great feeling.

After a few minutes, she pulled back...like she was disturbed by a thought or something.
"What about Maca?" She asked. Her question made me wonder if I was doing the right thing now.

"We broke up and I'd like us to go undercover for that reason," I reassured her. She smiled back.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"Starr... I really love you and please don't break my heart. I just beg of you!" She said with a very worried face, which made me believe what she said.

" I won't and I promise!" I insisted. "I've never been a person who arouses feelings and with no intention of loving that person. She kissed me again then I let her go and watched her walk slowly.

*1845hrs.

That was the time and I hadn't realized I had spent so many hours with her. The question is did I love her?
Or was she just a replacement?
Honestly, I still loved Macarena. I still missed her. I still wanted her around me.