Chapter 14

Patrick p.o.v

How do they work? I'm relating to married people. The dispute. Unspoken things. blatant dishonesty. the suppressed emotions. The memories—both happy and awful. Both of my parents would both be together right now if they did work, so I assume they don't...

She was laying on the left side of my bed with her brown eyes wide with anxiety from sobbing, so I turned my head to smell the sweet cinnamon aroma there. I was already missing her. But my mother was the one woman I was missing the most at the moment. I dragged myself from the hospital bed, moved the portable drip next to me, and limped over to the ward where my mother had been. I sat next to it. I scowled at the disorganised sheets that revealed the battle she had to endure when her spirit was forcibly expelled from her body at the touch of a button. I burst into tears.

"It's okay." Tracy came in to comfort me. I leaned to her to cry.
Just last night we were intimate and now she gets to see me cry. She was another subject I should address. " Uhm... Patrick, I need you to listen to me" she said gesturing me to sit on the bed.

" She's gone. You will be soon."  She stroked. "I'm sorry for being so blunt but it's the truth. You have cried enough now, how about you make your life more interesting towards the end." She advised.

"I don't know" I said wiping the tears with the back of my hand. " If I die young, I'll die with regrets. I am the reason she ended up here in the first place and I am to blame for everything, so yeah, my life is fucked!" I snapped. I broke into tears and buried my face in my hands. "I have to go."

I stood up and limped for the door.

"I saw her rushing out crying," she shouted.

 I stopped by the door frame and turned to look at her. " ...she was in complete pain. Patrick, that is the love of your life! Even if she's not the one who cares. We both know she loves you, so let her love you to your grave. Look I can discharge you now and give you medication so you can go to her and make amends, just for you...."

" Do it." I replied softly interrupting her speech. This becoming a habit, and it should stop. I went back to my ward. I thought Tracy liked me, but now I know she does. She was doing something that could jeopardize her work, but she's doing it, nevertheless.

....

*I know you were discharged. Come home for dinner*

I read the text from my father as I stood on the same street where the car hit me. My blood remains were all over the street. I looked at them and cringed.

I raised my eyes to see a couple sitting at the park across, same place where my heart was broken. I texted Macarena to meet me there. I turned on my phone screen for the hundred time today to check any new messages from her or anyone.

*16:32

I had texted Maca 20 minutes ago. Still nothing. I turned to walk away as I was stood up today.

"Patrick, wait." The high-pitched voice sent vibrations through my spinal. It was definitely not Maca. I turned to see one person I was not expecting.