Photo Booth

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: YES TO HEAVEN by LANA DEL REY

740 Words

The party was huge. It's a lot bigger than I expected. But, of course, it is. It's Tony fucking Stark. Although, I am quite surprised that it looks as cheesy as it does. Tony is known throughout the school as the cocky jock that you want to know. He throws huge parties whenever he can, and now that we have graduated high school and are being sent on our way to college, it's the perfect opportunity.

Bucky and I haven't left each other's sides since we walked into the house, and now and then a little peak of anxiety spikes in my stomach when a room gets too crowded and we almost get separated. I've never been too fond of large crowds. And neither has Bucky, so when it does get too crowded, he grabs my hand and walks me into another room. Such as right now, where we sit on a couch, drinking from a solo red cup and a huge crowd of cheerleaders burst into the room, clearly drunk, and nearly topple over me.

"You wanna go check out the photo booth?" Bucky shouts over the music.

"I wanna get out of this room." I nervously chuckle.

"Come with me." He offers me his hand, which I take.

We shuffle through the crowd into, unfortunately, an even more crowded room. But, surprisingly, it doesn't look like anyone is lining up to get into the photo booth, so Bucky leads me towards it. He pulls the red curtain over, letting me walk in first. When he walks in, he chuckles as he looks down at me sitting on the small bench.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you really think I'm going to fit on that bench?"

"You can fit." I smile.

"Nope."

He grabs my waist, pulling me up from the bench. I'm about to protest, until he sits down in the middle of the bench with his legs together, and then pulls me down onto his lap. His arms wrap around my waist and his chin sits on my shoulder. I bit my bottom lip as I leaned forward to touch the screen, turning on the camera. A 3-second timer begins on the screen and I jump into action, reaching my hand up to Bucky's cheek and pressing his face into my neck. We both smile as the white flash and a clicking noise goes off, taking the photo. The timer goes off again, and we both shuffle around, trying to find a different position.

Flash.

He's moved my hair to my back and is pretending to take a bit out of my neck. I bring my hands up to my mouth, faking a shocked expression, but in the last second, I giggled and began to lean forward, my figure slightly blurry.

Flash.

He moves my head to look directly at him, us pretending to have a staring contest. But, once again, I laughed just as the flash went off, causing him to do the same. We both have a contagious smile, looking into each other's eyes.

Flash.

His hand strokes my cheek, pulling my face towards his. Any ghost of a smile on my face is wiped off as my eyes widen, then quickly relax as I melt into the kiss. His hand travels up into my hair, where his fingers gently play with the roots. Both of my hands hold his shoulders as I deepen the kiss until he pulls away, smiling again.

"You kissed me," I say, breathless.

"I just felt like it." He shakes his head, pulling away from me with a nervous look on his face. "No, no that's not what I meant. Well, I did. But, it wasn't meant to sound like it did. I wanted to kiss you. Actually, I've wanted to kiss you for a while now, but-"

I stop his rambling by slamming my lips onto his, making his body lean back against the booth wall. He wraps his arms around my back, holding me to his chest. When I feel him smile against my lips, I pull back, happy I've accomplished my mission.

A small screeching comes from the screen and we both turn to see our photos falling out of the gadget. I grab both of them, handing him one, and smile as I look down at the grainy, black-and-white strip photos.

Us smiling at the screen.

Him biting my neck.

Us having a staring contest.

The kiss.