After Party

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: INTO IT by CHASE ATLANTIC

1,243 Words

B/F/N = Best Friend's Name

I'm so fucking excited.

Today is the 19th birthday of my best friend. She has been super busy with college recently, and I and a few other friends decided to celebrate her birthday with her to cheer her up. Originally, she didn't want to do it, but when we told her it wouldn't be a huge party, she agreed. So, before I got to her house, I went to the store, picking up a few bottles of alcohol. I'm on beverage duty, and the other girls are dealing with food and the playlist. I get back into the car with a bottle of vodka, some sodas, and a case of beer. In the front seat of my car is her wrapped present, perfectly picked for her. I can't wait for her to open it, she will love it. I shove my car keys into the ignition and drive over to her house, listening to music along the way. I'm wearing my signature red dress, falling down my curves and stopping just above my knees. My makeup is simple and compliments my skin nicely, my hair flowing down my back in thick, deep curls.

I pull up into her driveway, using my spare key to get inside the house. B/F/N has already started the party with the two other girls, food on the table and the playlist playing party music through a small speaker. They all jump up screaming when they see me enter the room, hugging me and taking the alcohol from my hands, placing it next to the food on the table. B/F/N takes the present off of me with a wide smile, sits back on the couch and begins to open it. The wrapping paper falls to the floor as she gasps at the present, jumping up to hug me again as a thank you. The party starts quickly as alcohol is mixed with the sodas, us all downing them as we talk and dance to the music. It isn't a huge, crowded party as B/F/N doesn't like that type of scenery and we didn't want to scare her. We will eventually get her to like parties but now is not the time.

So many drinks are in my system already and I've only been here for an hour. B/F/N is slowly getting drunk, catching up with me. The two other girls can hold their alcohol well and are almost sober. We are almost all the way through the playlist but are too far gone to care. I'm too drunk to properly hear the footsteps walking down the stairs, so continue dancing, spilling my drink on the hardwood floor.

"B/F/N! Keep it down!" The voice calls out.

Her older brother, only by a year. He stands in the middle of the staircase, his hands on his hips in annoyance. The outfit he is wearing is comfortable, low-hanging grey sweatpants and a white tank top. Headphones hang around his neck and a controller is in his hand. As I start to examine his face, I notice his deep blue eyes doing the same to my body. I feel tiny under his gaze but with liquid courage, I stare back at him, biting my lower lip.

"Ugh," B/F/N groans. "James just go back upstairs. Go play your dumb fucking game." Her words are slurred.

Without another word and only a scoff, Bucky stomps up the stairs, leaving the room in an awkward atmosphere. B/F/N and Bucky have always had a rocky relationship, being so close in age that they are constantly arguing with each other. Even after they grew up, they fight like cats and dogs. Being her best friend, I've been in the middle of some of their worst arguments and even had to break a few up. Despite the changed atmosphere, we continue dancing and drinking. I discreetly turn down the music slightly so as to not further annoy Bucky, which goes unnoticed by the other girls. We dance until my head is pounding and my body feels unstable, constantly swaying uncontrollably as I stand by the food table.

"I'm going to go take a nap in your bed, B/F/N." My words are mixed together.

"You know where my bedroom is." But, she seems to understand me.

I stumble up the staircase and into the hallway, the dark space making it difficult to see where I am going. Grabbing the first handle I can feel, I practically fall into the room, catching myself on the wall by the door before I hit the floor. I don't register that this isn't my best friend's room as I walk into the middle of the room. Sitting on a black leather chair, facing the TV screen is Bucky, his headset over his ears and the mic in front of his mouth as he plays the videogame. He was focused on the game until I stumbled on my own feet, almost falling over on the floor. He peels the headset off his ears and turns to face me.

"Jesus Y/N! I think you should lie down, you look exhausted."

I don't argue as he jumps up from his chair, throwing the controller on his bed. In my drunken state, when he walks over to me, trying to help me over to the door, I kiss his cheek. The kiss is dangerously close to his lips, and he halts his movements. His posture straightens and he looks down at my lips. I can't stop myself from biting my lips as I look at his. They are pouty and plump, wet from him looking down at me, licking them. He mumbles something under his breath about regretting this later before leaning down and kissing my lips. His hands quickly grab my waist and he pushes me against the wall beside his door.

The soft kiss quickly turns into deep, passionate kissing, and our tongues mix with the other. I press my hands on both of his cheeks, deepening the kiss further. His hands on my waist smooth down to my legs, grabbing my thighs. I take the hint and jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He takes my back off the wall and walks me over to his bed, never breaking the kiss. He leans down, softly placing me on the bed, peeling his lips off my own.

"Right, it's nap time." He chuckles. "You need to sleep Y/N, you're drunk."

He pulls the covers out from under his pillows, letting me slip under them. When I do, he pulls them over my body, making sure my feet stick out on the side. He crouches down, taking my heels off my feet and pushing them back under the covers. They are placed beside his bed as he leans down and kisses my forehead, the kiss lingering for a while. As I close my eyes, he stands to his full height, grabs the controller on the end of his bed and begins to make his way back over to his chair. But, he is stopped when I grab his wrist, pulling him down slightly to my chest.

"No," I whine. "Stay. Be my teddy bear, please."

"Y/N." He laughs. "Do you promise to sleep if I stay?"

"I promise."

"Okay," He lies on top of the covers beside me. "Go to sleep."

And, I do just that.

———————————————