Touch Starved

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: JULIET BY CAVETOWN

1,595 Words

(Also, I've just finished my first Bucky Barnes FanFic on my page and would really appreciate it if you could go and read it. It is called Boy Across The Hall and I will be starting a new Bucky Barnes short story called Darlin.)

The last week has consisted of surveilling the warehouse across the street from the safehouse, sleeping with one eye open, a knife strapped to my leg, and fighting the bad guys. Every night me and Steve switch between sleeping and looking out the window at the warehouse. Whenever I was looking out the window, I was paranoid out of my mind—Constantly following every move with my eyes. But, when it was my turn to sleep, I barely did. There was a lingering feeling of loneliness and a cold shiver down my spine as I lay on the mattress and waited to fall asleep. Over that week's mission, I only got about 10 hours of sleep. On top of being exhausted, my leg shakes with pain as Steve lifts me onto the private plane and sits me down on the bench. After he checked that I was fine, he walked to the controls and starts the plane. My whole body aches as it screams for sleep on the plane ride home.

Eventually, Steve switches off the controls and turns towards me in his seat. He quickly looks me up and down, checking for any more injuries. We both stand up, grab our bags, and walk out of the plane to see the Avengers waiting on the grass by the landed plane. The compound's indoor lights shine through the windows and light up to darkened outdoors, letting us see through the night. Steve helps me walk down the ramp with his arm wrapped around my waist and holding his bag. Wanda grabs my bag from my hands and side-hugs me, taking my bag inside. Natasha takes Steve's bag from him and he wraps his other arm around my waist, walking me towards my bedroom. I'm so exhausted but I don't miss the fact that Bucky wasn't here.

Steve stops me in front of my bedroom door and tells me goodnight. I watch him walk down the hall to his bedroom and open his door, walking in. With the last ounce of energy I have, I force myself through the door and switch the light on, illuminating my bedroom. I practically jump out of my skin when I see the big pile of muscles sitting on my bed, smiling when he sees me walk in.

"Jesus Christ, Buck! You scared the shit out of me." I say after I control my rapid breathing.

"Sorry, doll." He smirks.

"What are you doing sitting in the dark?"

"Waiting for you." He jokes with a creepy voice.

"You're such a dork." I whisper as I limp over to my wardrobe.

He sees me limping and quickly jumps from my bed and grabs my arm, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What happened?" He asks.

"Got stabbed in the leg during the mission." I say casually.
He wraps one arm around my waist to hold me up and the other holds my hand as he walks me into my bathroom. Once we walk in, he lets go of my hand and with both hands around my waist, he lifts me onto the counter connected to the sink. His head whips around the room, looking for anything to help my wound.

"There's a first aid kit in the cabinet over there." I point.

He rummages through the cabinet until he finds the first aid kit and pulls it out, placing it on the counter next to me. Once he's got all the supplies he needs, he looks at me with a questioning look.

"Can I?" He asks as he points to my black jeans which are covering my leg wound. I nod in response.

He rigidly unbuttons my jeans and pulls them down my waist, lifting me off the counter slowly with one arm. Carefully, he pulls them down my wound and off my legs. Steve had already cleaned up my injury before boarding the plane, so Bucky grabs the bandages and the small metal scissors.