Chapter 22

Alex woke up with a jump, she went straight onto her feet as she looked around the warehouse. She wasn't on the floor anymore as someone had seemed to have moved her to a table that was nearby. She looks and finds a piece of paper on the table.

'Rebekah apologises for nearly killing you, thought we would leave you here til you were better. Head to Gloria's when you wake up. - Klaus'

"Great." Alex mutters to herself, looking down to find her shirt covered in blood. She locates her bag with a change of clothes and changes her top before leaving the warehouse. She starts her long walk to the bar when a hand shoots out from the alley and pins her to the wall. Her eyes widen when she sees Elena, but she is too strong to be Elena. "Katherine."

"In the flesh." She smirks, dropping her from the wall.

"What do you want?" She asks, glaring at Katherine as she catches her breath.

"Stefan won't include me in on his plan, i want to know what it is." Katherine explains but Alex simply frowns. 

"What plan?" Alex asks in disbelief.

"Don't play coy with me, wolf. The necklace, how is Stefan stopping them from finding out Elena is alive." Katherine demands.

"Elenas alive?" Alex wonders, her eyes widening at the confirmation of the doppelganers lack of death. Katherine then panics slightly at the lack of information that Alex has.

"What do you actually know about what happened after you left?" Katherine wonders, but Alex didn't want to discuss her conversation with Elijah.

"Not much, i know they daggered Elijah, klaus broke his curse and killed Jenna and Jules. Thats about it." She responds.

"Stefan hasn't told you anything, typical. Where are you headed now?" Katherina asks.

"Gloria's, Klaus wrote me a note to meet him there." Alex tells her.

"She'll be dead by the time you get there." Katherine responds. "I killed her, odds are Stefan is sorting her body as we speak."

"Why?" Alex asks. "Why are you helping him, what are you doing?"

Katherine relents. "I want Klaus dead, they're the only ones who can help me stop him. You included."

"You know how to kill him." Alex realises.

"There's a vampire hunter, it's a rumour. It's who they've been running from all this time. Why they left Stefan in the 20's." She explains and Alex nods her head. "You are also the best bet to helping. Having an in control werewolf on our side will be useful."

"I'll do anything to protect Damon and Ric." She responds, setting her priorities high. 

"I've been working with Damon, we're trying to take them down. Ask them about it, see if they'll tell you anything." Katherine says and Alex nods her head.

"Thanks Katherine." She says with a small smile but simply receives a scoff in response to her thankfulness, speeding off away from her and Alex heads towards the bar. The second she gets there, she opens the door to see Klaus stood in the empty bar. "Where is everyone?"

"Something happened, she cleared off. Something has been wrong from the start." Klaus responds, not looking her in the eye as she ponders her next moves.

"I want to make a deal." She tells him, immediately getting his attention.

"I think you're confusing me for my brother-" He starts but Alex cuts him off.

"I'll tell you what i know, you promise to not kill my friends, Ric, Damon and Caroline." She barters.

Klaus nods his head, but that not enough for Alex. "Fine, you 'have my word'. But it depends on how vital this information is."