|74|

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY! SHIT, TIME GOES FAST! ENJOY THIS DOUBLE UPDATE!

Whenever I was up in the mountains to hit the slopes, there was always this sensation in my stomach before I took off

Whenever I was up in the mountains to hit the slopes, there was always this sensation in my stomach before I took off. After twenty years of snowboarding, that feeling has never changed. A tingling that spread from the center to the ends of my nerves. It always made me smile as if I could take on the world with just my board, cruising. 

Right now, I was experiencing the same feeling but tenfold. I was jittery like I was high on cafeïne. I couldn't sit still. I had a silly smile on my face without knowing. And I was completely out of focus. 

All I could think about was the upcoming Friday. My hands wrapped around his waist. His movements. The feeling it would bring me. No mountain could ever beat that.

"Hyung?!" The bassy yell in my ear made me shoot upright in my desk chair. The pen I was holding fell on the floor, followed by my startled heart. I whipped my head to the side to stare at my little cousin with rounded eyes. He frowned back at me. "What makes you so out of it that you can't hear me call your name three times?"

The thought of fucking Hwang

I swallowed the dryness, clearing that stupid smile off my face. "Nothing," I said with a blank expression. Felix stood beside my desk, leaning in with one hand flattened on the black surface. having him this up close I noticed the dark bags underneath his eyes. "You look tired?"

My cousin was taken aback by the sudden observation and took a step away from me. "I haven't slept well lately." He gave me a sheepish smile. God, he was bad at this. As if the rubbing of the back of his neck wasn't enough of a giveaway that he was lying through his teeth. I did my best to compose myself before I asked him what had been bugging me ever since Hwang dropped that Yang bomb on me. I should've hit him harder.

"Maybe you shouldn't sleep in crappy hospital chairs." I gave him a pointed look as I folded my hands, resting them on the desk. The tension between us shifted when his fake smile dropped. 

"You know?"

"Felix," I raised my voice and then sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose to calm myself down. "Of course I know. People gossip for the stupidest shit. Why were you there?"

"Why?!" He surprised me with the sudden outburst. The last time he did that was at the cabin in the mountains when I told him to stop seeing Hwang. I learned that day that Felix was easily swayed by romance after being cooped up in his home in Sydney for most of his life. He was love-deprived, if that was even a thing. And it hit me that this may have happened again. But I couldn't for the life of me picture my pure, little cousin with that cunning Yang. It angered me with just thinking of them together. "—Minho, you almost fractured his jaw. I had to drag him to the hospital, he was knocked out the whole cab drive. I don't know what he has done, but it isn't right."