|5|

"I look up ahead, nobody, nobody can't stop me

I'll show you the way so follow my, follow my lead ey"

ZONE - 3RACHA

I rounded first on the main street

I rounded first on the main street. There was a good lap of perfectly straight asphalt right in front of me before we hit the streetlights. I used it to warm up my rear tires with straight-lined burnouts. My left feet on the clutch, my right reffing up to 4000 rpm. I let go of the clutch, shot forward, and braked with my left again. A delicious smell of burned rubber and exhaust fumes blew through my air vents into my nostrils. I rolled the car forward again and repeated my action. White smoke wrapped around my car, my rear wheels spinning furiously without moving.

On my left, the neon green Urus appeared through the smoke at a snail's pace. His windows were too tinted to see him sitting inside, but it was easy to imagine his annoyed expression. It only deepened my smile that got there in the first place because of the adrenalin that was manifesting through my entire body. This was a whole different feeling than what I got whenever I ended up in a fight with Hwang, and it was fucking addictive.

The engine vibrated through my bones as I made my stop at the red light. I reffed a few times, hearing the whining supercharged sound mix with the low rumbles from the V8. The tiny hairs on my forearms straightened. My left hand gripped the steering wheel, my right on the clutch. Feet ready on the paddles.

"Motherfucker!" Like a charging bull, Hwang went off through the red light. It took me a second to register what the cheating bastard was doing, then let my black machine off her leash. Without paying attention I passed the intersection; 2, 3, four. I left her in this gear, flooring to 120 (75 mph). The supercharged engine cried louder, the rpm hitting the red zone, as I chased Hwang on the Seongsu Bridge. The yellow streetlights started to blur, but the only color I was fixated on, was the angry red Urus taillights.

We got off the bridge and needed to curve to the left to get on the highway. His brake lights flashed in front of me. I downshifted to three, letting my engine slow us down instead of using the brakes. In the sharpest part of the corner, I used my toe on the brake. We curved along the grey lint, Hwang still leading.

A perfect road appeared. Dongsu Expressway was a three-lane highway that wrapped around Seoul. At this hour—3 AM—there was little to no traffic so easy for us to navigate through.

It has been a while since I let her drive like this. The speedometer was reaching 200 (124 mph) and she was thriving. The adrenaline rush affected my heart. It thumped rapidly like the gears in the engine. 4500 rpm, I shifted to six and the needle dropped. She had so much more left in her, and I was letting her get all of it. My foot pushed the pedal to the floorboard. I knew the Urus' speed limit and I was dead set on passing Hwang.

300 kilometers per hour (186 mph). That was it, that was Hwang's limit. It surprised me he was willing to go that fast, maybe he knew my car could go faster than that and his ego wasn't letting him go any slower. But I wouldn't, he knew that, and I went.