chapter 27

Dutton

"No, Malachi! I don't want you or your boyfriends around my baby!"

I open my eyes and sit up, still not comprehending anything that happening.

"We aren't a harm to her, Candice!" I hear Malachi yell.

"I don't care, okay?! You will not get my daughter involved in this mess!" The voice yells back.

I look at Maverick who is right next to me with messy hair and a confused look on his face, letting me know he just woke up as well.

"You can't take my baby away from me!" Malachi screamed and his voice cracks.

"Hey hey, what's happening?" Maverick says as he gets up to get behind Mal.

"She's mad because Tyler came to tell her about us. About how we are in it together.." Mal says looking down.

"And why does Alahna have to do with it?" Mave asks worried.

"Neither of you are going to see her. She is not getting in this mess!" Candice exclaims.

"And why would we being her in it?" Maverick questions.

"Maverick! You know whoever or whatever your involved with, is involved in your little gangs. I don't want her involved." Candice says.

"And they wouldn't want anything to do with her. She's a baby. She's useless to them." Maverick stated.

"They used her against you! They said if you didn't do something, they were going to kill her! They would use her for their own good!" Candice raised her voice.

"Still, Candi, you can't keep her from us." Malachi said.

"It's either you don't see her til this mafia shit is over with or I run to the police and tell them what mafia shit your involved with, and I don't think you'd want that." Candice smirks.

They both shut up and my eyes widen. What makes her think she can say that?

"Your an evil bitch." I say as I walk next to Mal, only to get my arm grabbed and pulled back.

"Stay out of this, Dutton." Maverick said and I rolled my eyes.

"You have no right to do this." I say to the girl.

"Oh? Well last time i checked, I am her mother, who has full custody and Malachi only gets to see her every other weekend, for a reason. So yeah, bitch,I have every right to do this." She said getting in my face, so I got closer.

"Listen,bitch, Malachi would never put Alahna in danger, unlike you who brings her to drug deals." I retort. I bet you the boys didn't even know that. Yeah, I do some stalking here and there.

Her mouth dropped to her shoulders and I smile, Malachi pulls me back next to himself and gives me a glare.

"I'm not scared to put my hands on a man— or wait, a little girl." Candice says.

"Do that and I'll break your fucking spine." I smile at her.

"Both of you need to stop." Malachi said pointedly.

"No, she threatened me, I wanna see if she will follow through." I say, keeping my gaze on hers.

"Dutton, I said stop." Mal said.

"And I said no." I say back and stand in front of the blondie.

"Stop it, Dutton." Mave says.

"You better listen to your boyfriends unless you wanna get shot in the head." Candice says.

"Ooo, scary." I mock.

"Dammit, Dutton. I said to fucking stop!" I heard a loud booming voice behind me and I jumped, then turned around.

"You need to fucking listen! Stop trying to keep her going, this is my fucking kid were talking about!" He screamed at me. My eyes widen but his stance doesn't change.

"Maverick told you not to get involved, so don't! You don't fucking listen and that's your problem!" He continued and and Maverick put a hand in his shoulder, but he quickly got shrugged off.

"Get the fuck off me." Malachi said to Maverick.

I felt my eyes water and I look back at Candice, who was walking out the door. Mal has never screamed at me like that. Sure, he yelled at me the day Mave was arrested, but never like that. He screamed. Even worse, he only yelled at me, not Candice. She fucking threatened me and he didn't care. Maverick didn't even back me up!

I look back and see Malachi walking out of the room, Mave waited for a bit, but he caught up to Malachi silently.

I looked at the door and hesitated to run through it. But, I don't have a ride. I got my phone out of ny pocket and dialed my brother's phone number

"Yo."

"Hey. Can you pick me up?"

"Are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Nothing.. j-just come get me. My location is on."

"Wait. Why are you at Malachi's place? I swear I will beat his ass. I'm on my way."

Before I could respond he ended the call. I guess you can call Jason over protective. Maybe I should have called Brooklyn.

I heard footsteps coming from the stairs but I kept my head down and made it look like I was on my phone.

"Baby.." I heard Maverick's voice say. I only ignored him.

"Please say something... anything."

"Okay. Well I don't think this will work." I say and his eyes immediately widen, and so do mine. We sat in silence before I spoke again.

"I didn't mean that." I mutter.

"It's okay if you did." Maverick said.

"Well I said I didn't, okay?! Just.. just leave me alone!" I yelled at him.

"I can take you home." Maverick said softly.

"No! My brother is coming." I say and Maverick gulped. His eyes stared at his fidgeting fingers before he looked up at me again.

"I'll go." He said before he stood up."Talk to us when your ready.."

I heard car horns before I rushed out the door. But, Jason was already at the door storming in.

He went straight up the stairs to their room and i heard a thud and two smacks.

God, this is gonna be a long day