chapter 23

Maverick

I'm about to loose my shit with this cop. Dude is quite literally tugging on my cuffs like I'm a fucking dog on a leash.

"Bro! The fuck is your problem?" I grunt out.

The officer just ignores me and throws me in the visitor room, and I see Dutton looking at his phone. Dutton?

I walk over to him and sit down on my side of the cell and pick up the phone, but he still hasn't looked up, so I knock on the glass, only earning a warning from a cop.

Dutton looks up at me and smiled, and his slim fingers picked up his phone thingy.

"Hi." Dutton's soft voice blasted in my right ear.

"Hey... what are you doing here?" I ask and he frowns.

"I came to see you... I can leave.." He mumbles and looks down.

"No. I was just wondering because I didn't expect you to come without Malachi." I responded.

"He said it was too risky because someone might recognize him." He said as he looked up at me.

"I guess that's true. Anything happen that I need to know?" I asked. I know I've only been here a day but shit, I miss the world already.

"Yeah.. Maverick and I talked about getting together. But he said you would wanna be there." He responded.

"I would. But, I wanna wait til' I get out if this hell hole cause if we get together while I'm in here, I might go crazy." I said before I chuckled.

"Why would you go crazy?" Dutton asked me with those big doe eyes, making me get butterflies. I leaned closer to the glass and began again.

"Because I wouldn't want to keep my hands off of you."

"W-wha-" He looked up at me wide eyed before he got interrupted by a guard clapping his hands twice.

"Times up, Reed!"

"Bye, baby." I say before standing up and putting my hands behind my back to get cuffed again, not dropping eye contact with Dutton.

The police officer before came and cuffed me, and started walking me back to the unit. Everyone was in the cafeteria, letting me know it was grub time.

I sighed as I got released from the tight handcuffs and made my way to the food bar. I took one look at the food and mentally gagged. There was brown sloppy gunk that was supposed to be beans and moldy looking pb n j's. No thanks, I'll pass.

I let my eyes scan over the place, not finding one empty table, so I figured I would try and find Carter. When I finally did, Carter was clinging on to him like a koala. I cringed but sat down anyways, waiting for them to notice me.

I took a deep breath and looked over all the tables, it was clear there wear cliques, there's a table with a bunch of perverted looking old men, gangsters, big tatted dudes and- Mal's dad.

"Oh hey, Mave! Haven't seen you in a bit!" I heard a screeching voice but I quickly cut him off.

"Why the fuck did they put me in a actual cell and not a waiting cell? I didn't get a fucking court date!" I stress, only making Carters eyes widen and my sudden anger.

"W-well.. they might not know your court date, or they want to hold you in little longer so you can't get bailed out." He mumbles out.

"What?!" My brows furrow at the thought of staying here for more than a week.

"Sorry..." Carter says.

"I'm gonna kill myself." I say under my breath making Dominick laugh. But that only made me mad.

"Dude! Shut the fuck up! I don't wanna fucking be here anymore." I mumbled the last part, feeling my eyes tear up.

I blink away my tears and put my head down on the table, thinking about how fucked up my life is.

Happy new years! Sorry that this chapter is short. Make sure to vote and comment