chapter 13

Dutton

Maverick moves out of the way so I could step inside. I look and the smell of weed in the air instantly alarms me.

"So... What are you doing here?" Maverick breaks the silence as I turn towards him.

"To see how you guys are. I know it's been rough." I look up at him and put a smile on my face.

He takes a few steps towards me and sends a intense look in to my eyes. His eyes aren't red, nor is his pupils too small or too big, so I guess he's not high?

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm holding up fine. I hope those baskets aren't for us." He says as he motions his head towards the baskets.

"Yeah. They are for you guys and no I know your not okay. You just lost your mom, you can be sad, you know that right?" I try my best to get him to open up to me, I highly doubt he talks to Malachi about how he feels. I put a hand on his cheek and move my thumbs in circles.

"Why?" He says as he moves his face closer and rests his hands on my waist.

"Why, what?" I question, staring into his furrowed eyes.

"Why did you get us baskets?" He asks with a soft, tired voice.

"I wanted to show my condolences. I know it would never make up to your loss, or make you feel at ease. But, I hope I make your pain go away just a tiny bit." I back away and put the baskets on the counter, and turn back to Maverick.

He walks towards me and leans his face in towards mine, making his lips be not even 3 inches apart. I blush as he caresses my face gently with his muscular hand.

I stare into his eyes and watch as his eyes fill with tears. His lips start to shiver and he turns around and quickly wipes his tears, then walks to the couch and sits.

I follow his footsteps and stand infront of him. I look at him as he looks at me with such sadness and grief in his eyes. I sit down on the couch close best to him a cuddle him. That's the only thing I could do. Cuddle him.

He turns and grabs my hips to pull me on his lap, making me gasp from the sudden movement.

His arms wrap around me and he snuggles his head in my shoulder and his shoulders shake violently.

"Shhh." Is all I can say.

I put my hand into his soft, curly hair and run my fingers through it, whispering sweet nothings into his ear and trailing my other hand up and down his back as his breaths start to normalize again.

Timeskip------

Maverick

I wake up to laughter and the sunset shining down in the living room. I look in the kitchen to see Malachi and Dutton chasing each other around the island. I smile as I see Malachi tackle Dut on the ground and start tickling him.

Listening to the sweet giggles coming from the two, I stand up and walk towards the bathroom, I smell and I'm not trying to have that.

"Well good afternoon to you too?" I hear Malachi coming up from behind me.

"Good afternoon, Príncipe. I'm gonna take a shower, okay?" I greet him as I walk in the bathroom.

"Okay! Cookies should be done when your out. Plus, we need to look at what's in our baskets!" Mal look energetic, and that means he's happy, so I'm happy.

"Okay, baby."

Timeskip-------

I step out from the bathroom and looked for the two beautiful boys I am breathing the same air with. But, they are no where to be found.

"Hello?" I call out to literally anybody in the house, but I hear nothing but crickets.

"Um.. hello?? Is anyone in the house?" I called to the boys again, but at this point it felt as if though I was talking to a brick wall. I walk into my room and shut the door and hear I watch as Dutton and Mal both jump up to scare me.

"HOLY FUCK!" I scream. These motherfuckers. I'll get them back, just watch me.

I watch as they burst out laughing. Malachi was on the ground while banging on the wooden tile, and Dutton was holding of the wall for dear life as his hand clenches his stomach as he laughs like he's on laughing gas.

Watching them laugh like this is the best feeling in the world. Just to see them happy is amazing. I feel the butterflies flutter in my tummy and join in on the cackling. Although, I stopped first.

"Y'know, your face is hella funny when your scared. I really need to scare you more, you never get scared" Malachi says and walks towards me and leans in to kiss my lips gently, as a welcome kiss.

Well, I don't know if it's a welcome kiss, since this is my house, but it's only home when he's here. I kiss back and grip his waist.

He pulls back and smiles against my lips.

"C'mon, Mave. We gotta go see what baby boy got us!" He squeals out as he grabs my hand and makes his way towards the living room, making me follow him.

I love seeing him excited like this. He usually never is, especially after something traumatic like this. Or maybe thats just his coping skill, being happy or keeping his mind off of things, either way, I love it.

I hear Dutton's footsteps follow off beat behind me. I smell his vanilla perfume from over here.

We finally stop at the living room and I get pushed on the couch by Dutton, making me fall on my stomach. I get up from the couch, but quickly get knocked right back down by the small boy infront of me. He stares into my eyes from above me and places himself down on my lap.

"Can I kiss you?"