Gore and violence

The pair was half way on their journey back to Gusu. 

"Watch out!" Lan Wangji exclaimed, snatching Gu Wei around the waist just in time to avoid plummeting into the treacherous sinkhole. As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, a shiny metal chain whizzed through the air. Lan Wangji dodged it with ease, all while keeping a tight hold on his beloved omega.

And then, out of the shadows, emerged a man dressed head to toe in black, aiming a vicious kick at Lan Wangji's chest. Gu Wei reacted before he could register what he was doing and shoved Lan Wangji out of harm's way, causing them to tumble apart and land safely on the ground.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji immediately rushed back to Gu Wei's side. He took a look on their assailant. "Wen Zhuliu." He muttered.

But before Gu Wei ask who was this discourteous attacker, a bunch of goons materialized from the bushes, led by a particularly smug-looking dude. This guy looked like he had "villain" written all over him in big, bold letters. He chuckled sinisterly, his haughtiness practically oozing out of him.

"Lan Zhan! You are always arrogant, yet you still end up in my hands." The man said mockingly. "What about this? You kneel down and hand in the Yin Iron shard and I will not kill you."

Upon hearing this threat to his alpha, Gu Wei's temper flared up like a bonfire. Adrenaline still coursing through his veins and clouded his judgement for a hot minute. He snapped back, "Who the heck do you think you are? You want him to hand over something. How about you kneel down and say 'please'? How mannerless!"

The egoistic looking guy looked utterly insulted by the audacity of Gu Wei's sass. "Who am I? Who am I?" he spat back, seething with anger. "You're asking for death!"

"He's Wen Chao." Lan Wangji informed Gu Wei as he pulled him to stand behind him, shielding his omega.

Ah... The stalker who has been following us.

Gu Wei thought to himself, glaring daggers at the conceited face peering over Lan Zhan's shoulder.

Wen Chao sneered, "Oh... I see. Second Young Master Lan, the rumors were true. You've found yourself an omega and look, it's Wei Wuxian. What a pair." He laughed.

Lan Wangji, being the stoic badass that he is, didn't dignify Wen Chao's comment with a response. He simply clenched the hilt of his sword, suppressing his rising anger, while his other hand kept a hold on Gu Wei protectively.

Seeing that his words fell on deaf ears, Wen Chao's arrogance grew to insufferable levels. "You know what? I really despise you and your condescending attitude. Who do you think you are? Just a tiny ant at the foot of our Qishan mountain." He was always jealous at the Second Jade of Lan, who was infamous in the cultivation world as a prodigy since the tender age of fourteen. 

And for some inexplicable reason, a mischievous chuckle escaped Gu Wei's lips as if he was possessed by the original owner that he was in. "And you, my dear friend, seem to have a tiny dick," he retorted, unable to resist a snarky comeback. "Ganging up on ants is quite the courageous feat, I must say."

"You!" Wen Chao's nostrils flared up and he gave a command to his personal guard. "Wen Zhuliu! Beat them up!"

Uh-oh! Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Wen Zhuliu stepped forward, obeying to the order. 

Fuck! These people are crazy!

Thankfully, Lan Wangji's reaction time was commendable. He swiftly retrieved a talisman from his sleeves, which he then flung toward Wen Chao and his lackeys. The enchanted paper burst into a swarm of sparkling butterflies, momentarily obscuring everyone's vision. Seizing the opportunity, he whisked Gu Wei away, making their daring escape.