ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪnɢ ʜᴀɴɢᴏᴠᴇʀ

Katherine was leaning against the wall near Emily's door looking at her.

"It was all in his shrink's file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship" Aria told Emily.

"Way beyond step-siblings"

"Yeah, they were involved"

"Romantically?" Emily asked looking between her friends.

"I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice" Spencer said.

Katherine looked over to Spencer. "What makes you think that he was the one who did it, just because Jenna is blind doesn't mean he made the move, she could have been the one to start it"

Spencer looked over at her. "What is with you?" she asked with a bit of concern in her voice.

Katherine shook her head and placed her hands in her pants pocket. "Nothing just saying"

Spencer was about to say something else but was cut off by Aria.

"And that's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb"

"Yeah, and she threatened to expose Toby, which is probably why he wanted her dead"

"And not just her, us, and you"

"You don't believe us?"

"I don't," Katherine said.

Spencer gave her a look and Katherine gave her one back.

"I do, I... I just don't get it. If Toby killed Alison and wanted to do the same to me then why am I sitting in my bed and not in a body bag?"

"Because he didn't kill Alison, easy as that"

Spencer looked at her again and squirted her eyes at her. "Are you sure you are okay?"

Katherine rolled her eyes. "Yes! Now stop asking damn" she mumbled the last word.

Katherine's other three friends looked her way, confused about why she is acting like this.

"Anyway I have to go see you guys later," Katherine said and walked out of Emily's room and out of her house.

Katherine had her earbuds in her ear and was going on her run when she got a call from Spencer. So she stopped running and answered the phone.

"What do you need?"

"Hanna is gonna try and destroy the file that was Toby's and I was wondering if you wanted to come, so we could try and stop her"

Katherine shook her head even though Spencer couldn't see it. "No, and plus I am on a run"

Spencer sighed. "Kat, are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll talk to you later," Katherine said and hung up the phone not waiting to hear what Spencer would say.

Katherine was at her locker which was beside Spencer's, she was getting her books while Emily was on the other side of Spencer.

"Hey, are you taking something for the pain?" Spencer asked as she saw Emily rub her head where the cut is.

"Yeah, but nothing that dulls my mother. She's got a zillion questions and they're getting harder to dodge"

"I can't believe Jenna was in your house. You didn't eat that cookie, did you?"

"No"

"I doubt Jenna would have put something in the cookies," Katherine said shutting her locker.

Spencer's phone then went off, and she looked at the two for a moment and then pulled out her phone.

"It's okay. It's not from 'A' I think we can finally stop flinching every time our phones ring. Hey, it's from Alex"

"Of course it is" Katherine mumbled.

Spencer turned to look at her. "What was that?"

"Nothing, I have to get to class talk to you guys later," Katherine said and walked away to class.

"We have the same class!" Spencer said loud enough for Katherine to hear.

But Katherine heard her but didn't stop walking.

Katherine was leaning against the wall near Emily's window while Hanna, Emily, and Spencer were sitting on the seat.

"So, is Toby dead?" Hanna asked.

Spencer looked at Katherine and then pulled her arm and pulled her to sit down in her lap.

"Spencer I was fine standing up," Katherine said quietly to her.

Spencer wrapped her arms around her. "Just shut up and stay seated," she said quietly back to her.

Katherine sighed but just stayed where she is.

"I couldn't bring myself to ask. Jenna was so upset. But his bike... it looked like it was... like it was wrecked"

"Well, I'm not gonna cry over this, and neither should you," Spencer said and she rested her chin on Katherine's shoulder.

"Spencer, if she likes him she can cry about it"

"Well, I'm sorry for speaking"

Katherine moved her hand and placed it on Spencer's leg and gave it a little squeeze.

"Look, she's right. I, can't tell you what to feel" Spencer said after a few seconds of silence.

"I'm sorry for what I said about your family yesterday. I didn't mean it"

"It's true. You're not the first person to think it"

Katherine looked at Spencer and kissed her on the cheek, which made Spencer blush a little but she hid it by her hair.

Emily's phone then went off and she reached for it.

"It's probably Aria. Something weird's going down at her house"

"What is it?" Hanna asked leaning over to read the text.

Once Hanna was done reading it Katherine grabbed the phone from Emily's hands and brought it closer so she and Spencer could see.

"Thanks for getting Toby out of it way. A"

Katherine sighed and leaned back against Spencer a little more than she was before.

I don't know about y'all but I'm kinda living for jealous Katherine.

Edited: no

{910}