Chapter 18

~Hitoshi's POV~

I couldn't sleep again. It seems like the gods of sleep really hate me.

Is this punishment for chasing Ryu out? I wondered. I guess that makes sense.

I knew that I would need coffee to function in the morning, but unfortunately I ran out recently. 

"I should buy some now. Can't sleep anyway." I mumbled.

With a sigh, I stood up. It was dark outside and I doubted there would be many people at the store. No need to get all dressed up for that. I grabbed my wallet and left, jogging the short distance to the convenience store. 

I stepped inside and began slowly walking to the coffee isle. I ignored my surroundings, focused on my goal of buying the strongest coffee I could find.

As I stood there, reading the labels, my mind cleared enough to hear the voices of other customers. Although everything was still a little muted unfortunately.

Might as well listen in. Who knows, I might even learn some juicy tea, I thought tiredly.

"Are you ..ay? H...o?" The voice of a young boy around my age asked nervously. "Did ....one break y..?"

I heard the shuffle of footsteps and the sound of someone's body hitting the ground.

"Unde- erm- I mea...- ...-sama. Please stand .... The floor isn't clean." The voice was almost panicking.

Sama? Weird way to talk to a friend, I snorted. I wonder why the other person is laying on the floor anyway.

"Sta... up! ...-sama!!" The voice pleeded, soon followed by the sound of someone falling to their knees.

Finally curiosity got the best of me and I headed to where the voices were coming from, abandoning the coffee. My mind still fogged by my depressed mental state, I sluggishly made my way around the corner.

I glanced down and saw a person laying on the ground. His head was blocked from my sight by another boy with blonde hair sitting on his knees next to the one on the ground. The boy was wearing a middle school uniform, while the one on the ground was wearing black sweatpants tucked into their combat boots, and a white sleeveless turtleneck. Something about that clothing choice seemed oddly familiar to me, but I couldn't figure it out through the mist in my head.

"...-sama!!" The boy on his knees called out again. "Why ... you fall like that?! Do you n...d anything!?"

I chuckled. For some reason this scene was very amusing to me.

"Don't just laugh!!" The boy scolded me, turning around to look at me. 

"Sorry." I grunted. "But should you really refer to your friend as 'sama' though?"

"Friend? Ryu-sama is..." He paused, confusion, thoughtfulness, happiness, fear, and finally confidence flashing across his face in that order. "I am his biggest fan. But for tonight he agreed to be my date if I buy him food. So I guess he is my boyfriend for tonight?"

"Is he famous?" I stepped closer, hoping to get a better look at the boy on the ground.

Something struck me as I heard the boy speak, but I didn't know why. I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying. My tired mind was still slightly foggy.

"Sort of." The blonde mumbled.

The boy on the ground suddenly sat up. He looked at me with a look of horror on his face. His jewel like eyes widened to the size of moons and a visible bead of sweat dripped down his pale face.