Chapter 14

~Ryujiki's POV~

Now then. 

I have been working out on an empty stomach all day, and although I have been fed once a week for a full three years previously, the time I spent after I escaped had increased my appetite significantly.

Apparently I had entered the gym at 3pm, meaning I slept in considerably. But this also meant I will have plenty of energy for my night hunting. Aka, pressuring criminal organizations into feeding me.

Once I finished working out with Bakugou I changed back into my light civilian outfit in the gym lockers. It was 7pm by the time I got back to the rooftop where I spent my night previously, and I changed into my preferred outfit.

I sat on the edge once I was done, swinging my legs and wondering which criminal organization to go after tonight.

I am very hungry. Someone rich, preferably. 

My stomach growled, making me wince. 

I heard those illegal organ traffickers had a good sale recently. It's Naruhata though.

I guess I could go to the drug manufacturers in Hosu. 

I glanced at my legs, a little sore from todays workout.

That's a little far for today. Anyone in Musutafu? 

There are a lot of heroes concentrated here because of the population.

The edge of Musutafu is as far as I will go tonight. Hmm, not much variety-

Sudden noises of struggle interrupted my thoughts. In the next alley over, which was well within my hearing span, was the sound of car doors slamming.

Jeez, I stood up in frustration. If you want to assault someone, do it quietly.

Slinging my bag on my back, I roof-hopped and jumped down into the alley, landing right next to a white van.

Two men were restraining another person who's quirk was a mutation one, making it near impossible to tell what gender they were.

One of the two kidnappers finally knocked out the victim, shoving the mutant into the white van.

"Jeez, who knew he would put up such a fight." The older of the two panted, wiping away sweat from his brow.

As soon as his eyes landed on my figure, he froze. Barely a moment later he dropped to his knees and bowed with his head pressed against the dirty tarmac. The other man looked at his partner in confusion. However once he noticed me he instantly copied the latter.

Now the two men were kneeling before me, not daring to make a noise.

I recognised the older guy as the only witness I left alive a few months back, after killing six of his comrades. He was also an important figure within the slave market. 

The younger guy must have only heard stories, but even so, it was good enough for a first attempt.

I stood still, smirking from behind my mask. My smirk instantly dropped from my face however, since a second later the front door of the van slammed open. A fat man heaved himself out, making a lot of unnecessary noise as he did. Once he successfully landed, he stomped towards me.

I didn't bother turning around to look at him. Instead, I began speaking. Or, more like hissing considering how quiet I was.

"You make a lot of noise." I whispered, enough for the two kneeling men to hear me.