Chapter 16

~Eraserhead's POV~

I stood still in shock.

Undead. The most unpredictable serial killer in the past decade.

My heartbeat, that has already been racing like crazy, sped up even further. My heart was banging against my ribcage loud enough that I was sure the criminal could hear it. And, if no one else, Undead probably could.

"It seems you finally realized who I am." The serial killer whispered as he removed his hands from his ears. "You may talk if you wish, but no louder than I just did."

I gulped, not knowing if I should. He allowed it, but what if it's a trap?

Undead is a name that has popped up in hundreds police reports. Civilians had confessed that after they got jumped by villains, whether for money, kidnapping, or rape, Undead showed up not long after depending how much they screamed.

The criminal complained about the noise, never raising his voice above a whisper. Sometimes the matter resolved quickly, leaving both the villains and the civilian alive. Sometimes only the civilian died, and sometimes only the villains did. Undead killed those who annoyed him, with no regard to social status.

The only consistent thing in the reports was that Undead had the voice of a kid, and right before attacking, he would raise his hands to his ears. He was given the name Undead by the villains who survived encounters with him. 

It was only after his name became well known, did the impossible start happening.

Villains began turning to the police for help. I have witnessed many times where the villains willingly went to the police, screaming for help in eradicating Undead. They begged us to help, offering everything they had, including surrendering themselves. Some even asked for life sentences, saying that they would be safer in prison.

It was disgusting and terrifying to think that a mere kid could have such an impact.

"C'mon, I don't have all night." The kid serial killer whined. "If you want to say something, say it. If not then go."

I'm allowed to leave?

"What happened the other kid?" I asked quietly, hoping to get some answered before running away.

"The other kid?" Undead tilted his head in confusion. "What other kid?"

He doesn't remember? But he clearly kidnapped a kid, My blood ran cold. Still, I shouldn't push it.

"Oh, um, doesn't matter." I whispered fearfully. "May I ask for your quirk?"

"My quirk? Hmm." He sighed, slouching his shoulders. "People always want to know that, don't they."

So this isn't the first time he is asked this question then. Since there's still no answer, I shouldn't outright ask him.

"Let me rephrase my question." I clarified hurriedly. "Is your quirk a durability or an enhancement one?"

"Oh." He chuckled. "Nah. It's a mental one."

What? Shock overcame me once more. That speed and strength was training? Then how could he run with the bulled? Telekinesis maybe? It is a mental quirk.

"You should see your face." Undead laughed. "You look so shocked."

"I- I am." I stuttered, still not believing that this child was that strong.

"Stuttering is annoying." The serial killer whined, making me freeze. "Can you, like, not? I thought Eraserhead was supposed to be cool-headed. Apparently they were wrong."