Chapter 7

~Third Person POV~

"Are you this is a good idea?" Ryujiki asked nervously.

"Of course. Who do you think cut my hair? You know we can't afford to go to a barber." Hitoshi snorted.

It was Ryujiki's first day back. Once they got home last night, the twins both had a shower, separately, and then went to bed; separate beds, because this is not sweet home alabama. It was the first night in three years that both Hitoshi and Ryujiki got a good nights sleep. 

The new kitten that the lighter haired twin adopted previously instantly cuddled up to the darker haired twin, which made him almost coo in delight at the cuteness.

Now was the next morning. Their mother had left earlier for work, since she was the only one earning money and couldn't miss a day, even for something like this. She left a note on the kitchen table telling the twins that a social worker will come by later to check up on Ryujiki, and that their dad was still out but should return sooner or later.

The Shinsou brothers had a small breakfast, consisting of two bowls of cornflake cereal and milk, and then proceeded to catch up on the last three years. It was quite peaceful, and even Ryujiki's phantom pains mostly went away.

The darker haired twin then laughed at how the lighter haired twin's hair still stood up, just as it did when they were younger. This was a mistake on his part however, since now Hitoshi was determined to give him a haircut. Ryujiki agreed that his hair was messy and long, considering it has been growing out back in the cell, but he certainty didn't trust his brother with scissors.

"Just don't cut it too short." He begged.

"Calm down bro." Hitoshi rolled his eyes. "I got this. Short at the front, longer at the back."

"You better not mess up." Ryujiki narrowed his eyes at his twin in the mirror. "If you do then-"

"Oh calm down." The brainwasher snapped playfully. "Complain once more and I will make you bald."

This shut up the silencer. He sat quietly and let his brother do his magic, wincing ever so slightly every time his hair was yanked a little too hard, or when the scissors cut too close to his ear.

Once they were done, Ryujiki was left in amazement at how skilled his brother was. The messy dark violet mop that he called hair was now nicely trimmed, fluffy at the top and front, and a little longer at the back of his head were it hung down just barely to his shoulders. All in all, it was exactly how he pictured it.

Before he had a chance to thank his brother, someone knocked on the front door.

This noise startled both twins, one more than the other. The two crept towards it, looking through the spyhole. Their reactions were quite different.

Hitoshi sighed, slumping his shoulders at the sight. Ryujiki on the other hand looked really confused, and his expression turned sour.

Standing on their front porch was a man with the same gravity defying hair as Hitoshi, except it was black rather than lavender. His eyes were the same shade of blueish purple as Ryujiki's. Unlike the two twins however, his eyes were bloodshot and his facial expression was woozy. He hiccupped every now and then, and stood swaying side to side. Saliva mixed with alcohol dribbled from his lip.

"Is that... dad?" Ryujiki asked uncertainly.

"Yeah." Hitoshi responded tiredly. "Mom thinks he is sober when he comes back, but he is usually like this. I let him in, leave him alone, and by the time she is back he is asleep. Sometimes he mistakes me for you."