Part 14

Welcome back! 

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

The room settled, but an ominous presence hung in the air. Yoo Joonghyuk steadied himself his eyes focusing onto the shadows. With another quiver a wiry creature emerged, its eyes sunken and covered in frost and ice. 

The boss roared unleashing a barrage of icy projectiles. Kim Dokja danced around the attack and Yoo Joonghyuk deflected them with his sword.

Kim Dokja ran towards the boss lowering his body to the ground to dodge its attacks. 

He lept up to slice the bosses arm but was blown away but a gust of sharp icy wind. The small shards bit into his skin bitterly. The wind howled louder and the boss became enclosed in ice as the wind strengthened. 

"Stay close Yoo Joonghyuk!"Kim Dokja yelled wincing as the icy air sent sharp pain into his throat.

 "I don't need you're protection!" he yelled back with his arm over his mouth. 

Yoo Joonghyuk closed in onto the boss his sword gripped tightly in his hands. With both of his hands he stabbed into the icey armor.  

The ice seemed to harden but Yoo Joonghyuk persisted. He pushed his sword into the armor ignoring the bitter pain. With a loud crack the ice cracked revealing the skin of the boss. 

"Kim Dokja now!" 

Kim Dokja rushed to the boss his sword plunging into the exposed skin. The boss roared angrily as it tried to shake the pair off. Kim Dokja stayed on digging his sword deeper. 

"Kim Dokja get off!" Yoo Joonghyuk lept back as the boss let out another shapr gust of wind.

 Kim Dokja used his sword to latch onto the boss. Kim Dokjas  face and hands started to bleed from the ice. He thrusted out his sword and jumped back struggling to catch his breath. The bitter air made it hard to breath. 

Yoo Joonghyuk put a hand on Kim Dokjas shoulder "Don't tire yourself out just yet." he eyed the monster. 

Kim Dokja gave him a weak smile"You wish." 

Yoo Joonghyuk quickly ran towards the boss again slicing at its uncovered eyes. It roared out in pain slashing blindly at Yoo Joonghyuk. Yoo Joonghyuk pushed his sword into its neck where the ice was thinner. 

With another loud crack eh felt his sword slide into its neck. The boss let out a strained bawl and collapsed. The wind started to fade as the boss struggled to breathe. Yoo Joonghyuk stared down at it coldly as it let out its last breath. 

"It's done." Yoo Joonghyuk turned to Kim Dokja. 

"That was harder than I thought." Kim Dokja said his voice hoarse.

 As the boss faded it left a artifact, a ring. The ring seemed to be some sort of black jewel.

 Yoo Joonghyuk picked it up tenderly and pocketed it.  The room settled as Yoo Joonghyuk walked towards Kim Dokja his eyes narrowing at Kim Dokjas wounds. 

His face was covered in small bleeding scratches. Kim Dokja pushed a hand up to his cheek. 

"Lets get out of here." Yoo Joonghyuk said. 

"Yoo Joonghyuk you're pretty strong huh." 

Yoo Joonghyuk was taken off guard by the sudden compliment.

 "Yeah..I guess." he said unsurely. 

They made their way out of the dungeon and were welcomed by the familiar warm air. 

"You're wounds are bleeding." Yoo Joonghyuk remarked, his voice devoid of his usual coldness. 

"I've had worse, don't worry." Kim Dokja shrugged waving it off. 

"This is why you end up in the hospital so much." He retorted. They found a secluded place to rest after a bit of walking.

 Yoo Joonghyuk examined Kim Dokja's wounds more closely. 

"Uhm." Kim Dokjas voice was higher than usual as Yoo Joonghyuk leaned in. 

"You should check in at the hospital." Yoo Joonghyuk said absently unaware of Kim Dokjas panick. 

"Y-yeah sounds good." 

Yoo Joonghyuk looked up and met Kim Dokjas eyes. 

He quickly leaned back. "Sorry." he mumured. 

"Its ok, I didn't mind." Kim Dokja said quietly. 

Yoo Joonghyuk nodded. "We should go." he said his voice thick. 

Kim Dokja smiled trying to break through the tension. "Alright!" he said his voice brighter. 

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

"Kim Dokja." Yoo Sangah stared at him letting out an exasperated sigh. "

I'm not even surprised at this point." she said as she grabbed Kim Dokjas wrist and dragged him to the usual room. 

"You should come to." she eyed Yoo Joonghyuk who was also slightly wounded. She sat Kim Dokja down on the bed and started prodding out his wounds. 

"You know the prince of the demon realm should take better care of himself." 

Kim Dokja shrugged "I still have time before I need to do any ruling." 

Yoo Sangah narrowed her eyes. "Luckily nothing to major, whats with you and always injuring your face?" she rubbed some cold ointment on his face. 

Yoo Joonghyuk stood awkardly by the door. "You can sit down to." Yoo Sangah said. 

Yoo Joonghyuk nodded and sat in a chair besides the bed. 

"Did you two get into another fight?" Yoo Sangah asked her voice mixed with annoyance. 

Kim Dokja raised his hands up "No no nothing like that we were just clearing a dungeon remember?" 

"I don't want you ending up here every other week." 

"Its not like I planned it these things just happen." Kim Dokja said protecting himself.

 Yoo Joonghyuk interjected "It's because you don't plan you just rush into battle." 

Yoo Sangah finished treating Kim Dokja and turned to Yoo Joonghyuk. "You're injured as well." she said eyeing Yoo Joonghyuk hands which were covered in blisters. 

"I can handle it." Yoo Sangah sighed and took of her gloves. 

"You two are free to go, don't get yourselves killed." Kim Dokja smiled sheepishly. 

"You can count on it." 

The two left the hospital and were now walking down the streets of the city. 

"By the way what did you get from the dungeon?" Kim Dokja asked curiously. 

"Oh yeah." Yoo Joonghyuk completely forgot about the ring he pocketed. He pulled it out showing it to Kim Dokja. 

"Its so pretty." Kim Dokja admired his eyes glinting. 

"Do you want it?" 

Kim Dokja brightned. "You sure? It might do something really cool." 

Yoo Joonghyuk nodded. "I don't need it." 

Yoo Joonghyuk handed the ring to Kim Dokja. 

"Back when we were in your room, you were going to tell me something." Yoo Joonghyuk said.

 Kim Dokja eyes widened. "Ah, you still remember that?" he asked. 

Yoo Joonghyuk nodded his arms crossed. Kim Dokjas eyes darted around the seemingly empty streets. 

"Well are you going to tell me?" Yoo Joonghyuk said crossing his arms. 

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Thanks for reading! My wifi has been so bad this week lol