The Baby Fever - Chapter 1

"I'm not ready." Eda started to shake her head when the realization hit her.

"We'll be fine." Serkan smiled softly. "You'll be fine."

"Aren't you scared?"

"I'm completely terrified." He answered with a nervous chuckle.

"Serkan!" Eda exclaimed, squishing his cheeks. "Couldn't you lie?"

"I never lie." Serkan got offended. "You know that."

"Not even to make me feel better?" Eda grumbled, putting her hands on her bump when she started to feel a new contraction incoming.

"Especially, not for that. That's why you know you can trust me." He followed her hands, feeling her hardening stomach. "Is that a strong one?"

"Mhm." Eda murmured, grasping his forearms and trying to breathe as she learned during the birthing classes she dragged Serkan to attend with her.

"If you will try to breathe with me I will kick you." She said through gritted teeth.

"Fine, baby." Serkan chuckled, making her lean on him. "I wasn't going to, but good to know."

Eda closed her eyes, trying to distance herself from pain and not holding her breath, but she exhaled with relief when the contraction passed. She hoped that it would go quickly and smoothly, but the idea of her giving birth was getting scarier and more unrealistic to her with every minute, even if she was keeping her hands on her nine-month baby bump, feeling the movements of her daughter under her palms.

"Was it bad?" Serkan asked, massaging Eda's lower back.

"No, not really." She snapped out of her thoughts. "I can manage worst."

Serkan took a phone out of his pocket, dialing the number, and going toward the fridge. "I will call Engin that I won't be at work today. You can eat during the labor, right?"

"I hope." Eda moved to living room to half lay on the couch. "I'm definitely eating at home before they will restrict my diet."

"Good morning, Eda hanim! How are we feeling today?" The door opened, and Seyfi entered inside, carrying a takeout. When he saw Serkan in the kitchen, he hid the brown paper bag behind his back. "Serkan bey, aren't you going to work?"

"No, Eda went to labor. I'm starting my leave today." Serkan closed the fridge door and looked at the man. He squinted his eyes, seeing Seyfi's suspicious facial expression, and glanced at Eda, who was supposed to be on a couch but was already standing next to their estate manager, smiling sweetly at Serkan.

"What do you have there?"

"Nothing." Both Eda and Seyfi answered in union.

"Oh, really?" Serkan mocked, approaching them and looking behind their backs. His eyes widened in shock when he saw the paper bag already in Eda's hands.

"Really." She tried to hide it, blocking him with her baby bump.

"Eda!" Serkan exclaimed, snatching the bag from her hands and looking inside. "Are you kidding me?! McDonalds?!"

"That's mine, give me that." Eda tried to get her hold of the bag, but Serkan raised it out of her reach, and she couldn't jump anymore.

"Seriously, I can't believe it." Serkan was murmuring under his breath, going to the trash to throw away Chicken McNuggets and fries.

"Serkan! How could you?!" Eda pouted and started to sniff, pretending to cry, but he only glared at her and then looked sternly at the estate manager. "And this is what is going on here since Eda started to stay at home?"