Chapter 16

Eda opened her eyes and turned her gaze to the window. Sun was high in the sky, which only meant, she overslept. Eda cursed herself under her breath and jumped out of bed. She was so excited by the prospect of meeting Serkan today that she stayed up late at night thinking about their talk and couldn't sleep. She thought she wouldn't fall asleep at all, and she'd just go to Serkan the moment the sun would rise, but she dozed off before dawn, and now it was ten in the morning.

Eda ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a shower. She didn't bother with makeup as she suspected she was going to cry a lot today. She dried her hair, thinking about what to wear, but she knew Serkan didn't care. He found her beautiful even in his too big for her jumper. Eda chose the first skirt and blouse she had found in her closet and laced her shoes while checking her phone. She frowned a bit, seeing that Serkan didn't call her, but he probably was waiting for her move. All she hoped was that he didn't change his mind and didn't decide to shut her down again.

Eda looked herself up in the mirror, running her fingers through her long locks and making a part in the middle. She smiled to herself, took a deep breath, ready for the most important conversation in her life, and left the room.

She was just passing through the living room when the door to the suite opened with a bang, and she saw Serkan. Her mouth fell open after she noticed his angry demeanor. It wasn't what she expected today. He quickly crossed the distance between them, holding something in his hands.

"What is this?!!!" Serkan pushed the folder with the Yildirim C.O. logo into Eda's hands.

"Is this some kind of a sick joke?" He shouted at stunned Eda. He looked furious. She never saw him so angry before. His pupils were wide, making his eyes almost black. His nostrils were flared, and the veins popped out on his neck and temple. Eda looked at the folder he gave her.

"What is this?" She asked in deep shock.

"What is this? I'm asking you, what is this!" Serkan yelled at Eda, towerring over her. He was red from anger. "You were planted here to get to me?! Sorry, but you fucked up miserably!!!"

"Serkan, what are you talking about?!" Eda shouted.

"That's why you pretended to have similar interests and dreams to me? And these degrees, what a coincidence!!! They trained you well, but still, you fucked up at the end when you were so close!!!"

"What is wrong with you? I don't even know what you are talking about!!"

"No?! You don't?!" He screamed and took the folder, opening it on the first page. "So what is this?!"

Eda looked at the documents. It was a prenuptial contract and agreement of merging companies between Bolats and Yildirims. It was already signed by the C.E.O.s and the boards, the only missing signatures were belonging to Serkan Bolat and Eda Yildirim.

Eda paled, looking in shock at the papers. She read her name several times, but she still couldn't believe her eyes. Her hands started to tremble, and she let go of the documents as they fell on the floor around them.

"Why am I the last one to know?!" Serkan screamed at her. "It's a good thing I keep at Holding a pair of trusted eyes and ears. In another case, when would I find out? At the wedding?!!"

"He can't know I am here." Eda whispered absently.

"Who?!" Serkan shouted. "Are you talking to yourself now?! Nothing surprising! You've always been crazy!!"

Eda looked at Serkan's chest, but her gaze was empty as if she was staring into the void.

"You Yilidirms never give up! Right?!! Do you think I don't know the history?! You wanted to merge the fortunes years ago, but your father fucked up and failed to fulfill the deal, so now you went for the next generation?!!!"