Turkey Day

Misha's POV

"Dave come on.." I grab the keys, opening the front door. "I'm comin ma damn. A nigga can't look good or sum?" I roll my eyes as I turn to face him. He's wearing the a black puffer jacket, a black champion hoodie, a black beanie, some gray sweats and black timbs. "Nigga I thought you said you were 'looking good', you look a mess. It's not even that damn cold outside to be wearing allat." He actin like he still in New York.

"Misha please don't play with me right now. You wearin this pink ass outfit lookin like sum pepto bismol." I looked down at my outfit and smacked my lips. "You said this was cute!" He grabbed the keys from my hand and locked the door. "Yeah.. but not for Thanksgiving." He grabs my hand and leads us to the car. He opened my door and I get it and put on my seatbelt.

Once we get to Tia's house I text her letting her know we're outside. As we walk  up the door opens and Tia is standing in the doorway holding baby Alexander. "Look at my babies." I hug them both as me and Dave walk in. Donny comes around the corner with a beer in his hand and open arms. He daps up Dave and hands him the beer. "We gonna go to the backyard and finish cooking the turkey."

Tia and I wave them off and walk to the living room and sit on the couch. "Girl why is Dave wearing those big ass timbs?" I look over at Tia and we both start laughing. "I was wondering the same thing. He swore it was gone be cold today. Bet you he ain't even check the weather." Alexander starts falling asleep in her arms so she goes to put him in his bassinet. When she comes back into the living room she had 2 wine glasses and a bottle of red wine.

About 2 and a half glasses of wine later the food is finally ready. Donny and Dave set out the food while Tia and I set up the tableware. Once we're done, we take our seats and begin to say our thanks. Dave rubs his hands together. "I'll go first. Firstly I wanna thank Mi, finding you was the best thing to ever happen to me. I've learned so much about myself after being around you. I learned how to properly love myself so I can love you. And you loving Ki is a blessing I will forever be thankful for." I winked and blew him a kiss. "And y'all too, I'm thankful for yall too." We all laugh as Tia rolls her eyes. She clears her throat and begins. "I am thankful for my Donovan. You blessed me with the greatest gift, our Alexander Don Carter. Becoming his mother has made me the happiest on the planet. I am also thankful for my bestfriend in the whole world. Mimi you have always been here for me, for us. There's nothing more I could ask for, so to you I am eternally grateful." I wipe the tears on her face and give her a hug. "Awwe Tia, you know I wouldn't wanna be bestfriends with anybody else."

After a few moments we get ourselves together and finish up. "Carter, you go." "Alright. So first I'd like to thank T. I've always known we'd have family, now it's here in front of me and I couldn't be any happier. You and Alex will always be my number 1. Next I wanna thank Misha and Davey boyy." Dave smacks his lips and looks out the window. "Y'all always been there for me and my family, thats love I will always remember. Y'all my family too, don't forget that." Just as I was about to start Dave cuts me off. "Hold on, hold on, hold onn! Tia I know you ain't leave me out. I just thought about that shit. Man what the fuck." Tia rolls her eyes and looks at her nails. "I'm trynna eat, I'm not answering no questions." They start arguing back and forth so I cut them off by saying my thanks. "I'm thankful for Dave, my family, my friends, and the babies. The end let's eat." I grab the mac and cheese putting some on my plate, then the yams, the turkey, the dressing, and I poured me a glass of wine. Once I look up they're all staring at me. I grab my wine and take a sip. "What? Y'all not gone eat now?" Everybody starts putting food on their plates and we start eating.

While we're eating we talked about Kai and Alex, all the play dates they'll have, the places we'll go, all the memories they'll make. We talked about Kai's birthday, since its coming up soon, trips we'll take, the conversations were endless. Tia excused herself and went to the kitchen. When she came back she put a dish with a gray lid in the center of the table. "I wanted to surprise y'all." When she removed the lid, it was a turkey. I looked up at her then back at the plate. "Tia.. honey.. why did you make another turkey?" She looked at me then to Don, then to Dave. "Is it not called 'Turkey Day'? Are we not celebrating the day of Turkeys? Why just have 1, when we can have 2?" I blankly looked at her then again at the turkey, grabbed my wine and stood up. "On that note ima just go sit in the living room." I sipped my wine as I was about to be making my way out the kitchen. "Okay okay sit back down." I go back to my seats slowly sipping my wine. "So it IS a turkey buuut it isn't. IT'S CAKE!!!!!" We all look at her then again at the cake. Don scratches his head and looks at her again. "So this.." he says pointing, ".. is a cake?" She nods her head and grabs the knife. "It looks so real doesn't it? It only cost me $400." I start choking, so Dave runs over and pats my back as Don quickly stands up out of his chair. "Tiana, baby, please tell me you didn't ACTUALLY spend $400 on no damn fake turkey.." She held up the 'turkey leg' showing us the 3 layers it had inside.

"Well yeah, I barely placed my order in yesterday. It's super realistic isn't it?" After cutting the cake she placed a slice on each plate and handed them to us. Dave looked at the cake and smacked his lips. "You ain't have to cut it like no real ass turkey. Cut me a slice of CAKE!" Tia cut the 'breast' in half and we watched her drop it on his plate. "There you go, a big piece of cake for a big baby." The look on Dave's face was priceless. "A big baby? A BABY??? Your childish ass bought a whole turkey cake to 'prank' us but really pranked yo man because you done spent $400 on this lil ass shit. It ain't even the size of a real turkey. You spent $400 on sum you coulda easily bought from the damn store." When I tell y'all my jaw dropped, we were all speechless. Then under his breath he mumbled, "Cake was nasty as hell anyways." Within a second later cake goes flying across the table, right onto Dave's face. Silence filled the room before pieces of cake were everywhere.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the long awaited update!! THERE WILL BE ANOTHER UPDATE WITHIN THE NEXT 2-3 DAYS!!!!!!!
I was thinking making the book about 40 chapters but I haven't fully decided just yet.
ANYWAYS, LIKE, COMMENT, and SHARE!!!!