Act 1: Ch.16 - The Acquaintance That Will Last for Over 2000 Years

I was thrown into the metallic walls as I was dragged into the interstellar vehicle, my back smashing into it with a thud as the drawbridge of a door closed, sealing my fate. Immediately I was pulled onto my feet before being shoved in a different direction, tripping over my feet, and collapsing onto the ground of what looked like an oversized cage connected to wall. With a quick glance in the dim lighting, I saw that five cages were lined up either side down the corridor like room. At the end was an open door that seemed to enter directly into the cockpit of this spaceship.

"If you believe in god kid, you'd better make peace with him on the journey." One soldier growled before slamming the barred door of the cage shut with a loud clang that was followed by the clicking sound of it locking.

"I'm only eleven and a Wolf Rank, why am I going to a prison?" I said mumbled through tears.

"A Wolf Rank that sent two Demon Rank Soldiers flying through a brick wall in one punch, gotta be that Cosmos blood of yours giving you that physical strength. Why wouldn't we take you to prison dumbass." The other soldier laughed as the two of them walked down the corridor and into the cockpit, shutting the door behind them still cackling like hyenas.

I was trapped. Stuck in a cage, in the dark that was only kept partially at bay by the light that dimly lit up my cage and a small amount of the area around me. The rest, hidden in shadows as dark as night, only the faded outlines of depressing, empty cages visible.

Why? Why is this happening to me?

I sat up against the wall before bringing my knees in close and tucking my head into them, tears slowly dripping down my cheeks as I began to softly sob once more through shaky breaths.

"Cosmos huh?"

After a few moments a voice spoke out from the darkness in the cage in front of mine. It was a feminine voice that sounded young, like a girl in her early teenage years or a little younger than that. Like feathers it was soft spoken and gentle. As I looked up, wiping away my tears once more, I squinted my eyes a little and could see a humanoid like shape hidden in the shadows of its prison. Barely anything could be seen but it seemed small. The dim light only illuminating the doorway of the cage that faced my own keeping this young girl firmly hidden.

"Sorry?" I sniffled.

"Cosmos," the girl repeated. "You're part of the Cosmos Family aren't you?"

"What of it?" I mumbled. "That an issue?"

No point in hiding it anyway. When you're at rock bottom you can't really go down any further.

The girl seemed to giggle slightly under her breath at my reply.

"Not particularly unless you give me a reason. Although, I probably should have an issue with it anyway." She said casually, as if we weren't locked in a couple of cells together.

"What do you mean you should?" I spoke, curiosity beginning to slip into my mind as this mysterious girl continued.

"I'm part of one of The Great Families, or at least used to. You make one mistake, and they disown you, how's that fair?" The girl laughed weakly as if she made a joke.

One mistake...? Disowned...? huh?

"But anyway, looks like you met one of the Families, The Amber Family were never very nice but that hereditary mind reading power of theirs is useful."

"Which family are you from?" I asked formally, cautious in the possibility of the topic being a touchy one.

"Man, you ask a lot of questions," the girl giggle. "But not to worry, we got time to kill. I'm from the unofficially highest ranked family, The Graphene Family. That's due to our excessive raw strength and extreme loyalty to his majesty; Vulcan Ironside along with his wives; Valerie and Veronica Ironside."