Act 1: Ch.10 - The Thrill

Maddox catapulted through the void, flipping in nothingness over and over again before landing on the surface of a seemingly house sized Relic, digging her fingers into the very fabric of the construct, spilling glass like shards into nonexistence before slowing herself down to a stop. She panted heavily, within two breaths all injuries were healed, and she looked back at the Cosmos Family Relic, the C.F.R.

You couldn't not recognise it. In appearance it was massive, immensely huge, dwarfing even the Relics that were planet sized in appearance with it also having a pulsing orangery red colour like a beating heart. Like the planet Saturn, rings of smaller Relics surrounded it, orbiting the godly construct almost like the bodyguards protecting their client.

Maddox narrowed her eyes as they surveyed the surface of the C.F.R like searchlights, darting across it, looking for anything and then she spotted it. A large crack in its fabric, a hole of white light that Maddox had been birthed from into this void of endless abyssal space. She stood up, stretching at the same time, before stopping and taking in the view. It was a sight, despite venturing away from the C.F.R many times, that she did not see often. Usually, a portal would be created, and she would pass through it and enter the universe in question. Wherever that universe may be in whatever Relic it's housed in.

She let out a sigh as a calming feeling of peace slowly bathed her soul.

"Beautiful sight, isn't it?"

Maddox whirled round, throwing a punch to shatter worlds. M casually slipped it, cocking her head to the side with a wide grin slapped across her night black face, the glow of her eyes and mouth flared in excitement. She lunged forward, planting her own fist into Maddox's face, smashing her right into the Relic below and deep, deep into the Chaos Void it contained. The force carried Maddox further and further into the lower realms like a person crashing into the branches of a tree as they fell. In a flash Maddox smashed into an Omega and continued further down the hierarchy of dimensions, without slowing, until crashing into a planet like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. The planet almost split in two as molten magma bubbled up from its core and spilled onto the surface, creating vast oceans of fire.

Maddox groaned, clutching her partially healed ribs, as she got on her feet once more and looked up into the blackened sky. She frowned as a purple light gradually faded into view through the black smoke and clouds. Her eyes widened like saucers before immediately surrounding herself with a violet tinted shield of energy. A tidal wave of purple Ethos crashed down upon her, consuming everything around it, reducing it all to ash as the very Relic itself erupted in an explosion of glowing purple fire and glass like shards. Maddox's shield shattered at the same time, just barely protecting her as she found herself in the abyss of nothingness once more.

"Still kicking eh!?" M roared as she flew down like an eagle, leg outstretched, gunning for Maddox. She stepped to the side, dodging it before grabbing the leg and slamming her elbow into M's knee in an instant. The leg almost snapped in two from the force as Maddox continued with a backhand to M's face, but it was just barely blocked as M was sent flying. M, whilst flying in the void, tore off her mangled leg with another immediately replacing it as she landed on the surface of a Relic. Maddox descended down like a storm, her fist ramming into the Relic and M just barely dodging it as the surface split apart like a dropped glass of water. Maddox, fist still planted, turned her head only to be booted in the face and sent spiralling into another nearby Relic. She spat out blood before charging back, meeting the vicious M who met her assault with glee. Maddox leaped over M's grasp before landing behind her and trapping her in a choke hold. The serial killer struggled immediately as Maddox's arm tightened around her like a vice. Gasping noises escaped her throat while her arms and legs flailed about in a frenzy. Maddox almost roared in frustration as she tightened the hold as hard as she could like a python, blood dripping down her mouth as M started to try and elbow her assailant or grab her head and poke out her eyes. Yet every attack seemingly missed despite Maddox being directly behind her.