Naina reached out and placed her hands on mine, offering comfort. "Don't worry, Didi. Don't stress too much. It's not good for you. There's still enough time to make a decision wisely, and I know our family will always support you." Her words were a soothing balm to my troubled mind, and I felt a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos.

In the midst of our conversation, I completely forgot about my date with Anirban, but Naina quickly reminded me, "Didi, when is Anirban Da coming?"

I paused, trying to recall, "He... 5 PM," I finally replied.

Naina's eyes widened in alarm, "It's already 4 PM!"

I shrugged dismissively, "So?"

Her voice filled with urgency, Naina retorted, "So? What do you mean? Get ready! Don't tell me you're going on a date in those clothes!"

Defensively, I muttered, "I mean, it's not... that... bad."

"Didi, please! Get ready, don't go like this," Naina insisted firmly.

Feeling the weight of time slipping away, I hesitated, "It's already so late. Let's just drop the idea. I'll wear something nicer next time."

But Naina wouldn't hear any of it, "No! I'll help you. Move your ass, fast!"

She propelled me towards my cupboard, urging me to open it. "I'll help you choose," she declared.

Reluctantly, I complied, and Naina began rifling through my clothes, selecting a sleeveless black bodycon dress.

I looked at her puzzled, "Isn't it too... revealing?"

"Shut up! Just wear it. You'll look beautiful. If you didn't want to wear it, why do you have it in your closet?" Naina shot back, her determination unwavering.

I changed into the dress Naina had chosen, and she positioned me in front of the dressing table. Fetching her makeup kit, she began her work, meticulously applying makeup for about 20 minutes.

Upon completing her masterpiece, she beamed with pride. "Now you've transformed from homeless to a real princess! Aj to Jiju tumhare upar pura lattu ho jayenge "

"Now you've transformed from homeless to a real princess!
Today, Jiju will be completely smitten with you," she exclaimed."

I wrinkled my nose in confusion, "Jiju? Who is Jiju?"

Naina rolled her eyes playfully, "Do you have short-term memory loss or something? I know you may not acknowledge your feelings, but I still like to call Anirban Da 'Jiju'."

I playfully flicked my tongue at Naina and said, "Shut up!" She giggled in response.

As the clock struck 5 PM, the sound of a car honking echoed outside. Naina and I hurried to the balcony, and she eagerly announced,
"Aagaye mere Jiju!"
"Here comes my Jiju!"

I grabbed my black crystal purse and slipped my phone inside. Together, we descended the stairs, entering the living room where Chachi and Maa were engrossed in watching TV.

Their eyes widened as they looked at me. "Mehek! What are you wearing?" Maa exclaimed.

Quickly, I defended myself, "Naina made me wear this. I didn't want to, I swear!"

Naina chimed in, "Um, I did, but... Chachi, it's the latest fashion. Look how gorgeous she looks!"

Chachi nodded in agreement, "Yes, she looks stunning! They're modern girls. Should they wear sarees now?"

With a mischievous grin, Naina replied, "Yes, Maa!"

Then, we heard the doorbell ring. Maa chimed in, "I think Anirban is here. Try to come back before 8," to which I nodded in agreement.