Thirty Eight

Demetri lost against Robby. But at least there were still Sam, Eli, and Miguel as their last hopes. Flora was confident Sam will win the girls Semi-finals. She knew a perfect balance between Eagle Fang and Miyagi Do. And either Eli won or Miguel, it would still be a win to them. It was the finals that mattered now.

Flora leaned closer to Eli, her chin on his shoulder as her nose brushed against his neck, " I think I'll go and see if Octopus guy is okay."

The commentator was announcing for the girls Semi-finals. Chris and Nate were talking about their winning odds. Alan was wishing Sam best of luck. Demetri got himself a diet coke and was occupying Flora's abandoned chair now.

" I'll come with," He offered, a little smile on his face for her, all the tension of the tournament leaving his body because of her presence against him, " I still have twenty minutes to be back,"

" You're afraid Cobra Kai is gonna attack me if I wander the corridors alone." She pointed out with a gloomy look in her eyes. It was flattering that he was so protective but she hated feeling like a weak little girl. She wasn't weak, they were just monsters but it still troubled her. Life was supposed to be safe.

Her words held truth to them. Eli had been really cautious about it the whole day. He glanced every now and then to make sure Flora was around their friends or Mr.Larusso. She had been fine so far. And for someone who disliked karate, she was way too enthusiastic about it the entire time, or at least when it came to him.

" Is it a crime to be a concerned boyfriend now?" Eli asked with an understanding smile, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

" No, it's cute."

" You find being in danger cute?" His eyes widened. He shook his head in disbelief and pressed his lips against her temple," You have a therapist right?"

" Therapy is a scam to make big money with fake interest," She informed him, a huge dorky smile on her face from his kiss," And you being protective is cute is what I meant." She moved and kissed the corner of his mouth, " Let's go, we have nineteen minutes now."

He felt butterflies when she kissed him. Insane butterflies. The butterfly effect should have been in control by now but it wasn't. In the few days of dating her, he had concluded that having Flora Larusso as his girlfriend meant so many kisses. Amusing, surprising, unexpected, gentle, rough. So many kisses. He loved her kisses. Eli found himself smiling like a fool as he followed her out.

After he got on his sneakers from the shoe box they walked down the hallway on instinct. Carmen and Johnny's faint voice could be heard. So the couple decided on following the voice.

" So...you were gawking at me the whole time." Hawk said with a smirk, his hand slipping around her lower waist, " That horny? Really Flora?"

Flora raised an eyebrow, " Well, you are hot....extremely sexy actually. And I wasn't gawking, just admiring." She smirked back, "You take my breathe away." She cringed, "Alright, that was corny, even by my standards."

He amusedly chuckled, as they finally found the medics room. Carmen and Johnny were talking outside while Miguel's grandmother was inside talking to him.

" We came to see, Miguel." Flora told the couple, "Is he alive?" She winched, cautiously asking.

" Oh, you know Diaz," Johnny cheerfully said, " Always gets up in the end and swoops things up like a fucking Eagle,"

"Why don't you two go inside?" Carmen offered politely, she was wearing a beautiful pink dress " He'll be happy to see you."

Flora nodded and Eli led her inside the room, around the same time Rosa was leaving it. Miguel was sitting on the bed. Alive. He forced a smile to see them.