Thirty Seven

It was Flora's first time attending an All Valley Karate tournament and she had been extremely excited and anxious. She also switched her hair color back to brunette and chopped it off to a really short length because California's heat was torturous.

[Liked by hawkmoskowitz, d_meter, ethanewithane and 299 others]

floras_lavander_haze behold!  im entering a new eraaaaa!

....

The event started out really nicely for Flora. She came across Miguel's mum and grandma and had a polite chat with them. Later she met Helena and William. Those two were really excited to see their son compete as Eli hadn't informed them about participating the year before.

Now she was in the audience in a cooper suit and shorts, totally Kristen Stewart style. Her parents privilege got her front seats, and she invited Moon and Ethane to sit with her there.

Once the skills competition started Flora was really hooked and couldn't stop cheering. She disliked karate with a passion but she couldn't help but be stunned by how well trained the participants were. Demetri and Sam were really awesome with the kamas and daggers. Mitch spun the stick around really skill-fully even though Flora would say Taylor Lautner did it better. Even the Cobra Kai students were impressive. Tory made Flora's heart jump a little as she spun a sword around. And for a teenager in their level one Kenny was exceptionally good at breaking boards with his knuckles.

When Kyler headbutt the concrete and actually broke it, Flora's honest words were, " I was really hoping that he'd smash his skull and his last struggling brain cells would squeeze out."

" Amen." Moon told her, even she held a smile.

" Oh, I support Hawk's girl." Ethane told Moon, " Kyler's death would bring peace to my soul."

" I like you a lot better when you are sober, mate." Flora grinned, reaching out to bump her fist into his arm.

" Me too, girl!" He called back, " Needed the reefer to balance out the study steam though. Can't wait to attend Duke in the fa-"

He was cut off because Flora was cheering loudly when Eli stepped onto the mat. His eyes caught hers and he flashed her a grin before bowing at the audience. The referee said hai for him to begin as he broke the board being held in front of him in half and then the one in his side. Next he side-kicked and broke the board from his other side. Flora was chanting with Ethane so loudly while Moon giggled to see the silly pair and cheered too.

Next, Nate was on Chris' shoulders from where he held a board. Eli went to high kick there but missed it by a few. The crowd's cheering slowly died down, joining by some boos from the Cobra Kai supporters.

" Shame," Ethane shook his head sighing, " I was starting to think dude is hot."

Flora shot him a look before leaving her seat. Sure, non competitors and non senseis weren't allowed around the matt but Flora couldn't careless about it. Not that anyone noticed. The All Valley Karate Tournament security wasn't as strict as they were in the 80s. Not that it was strict in the 80s, Ali got in just fine in 1984.