Twenty Seven

The week had been slow and devastating for Flora. She made a Pillow-Fort in her room, bullying Anthony into helping her build it, and watched rom-coms in there. And she smacked her laptop shut everytime a scene reminded her of Eli. Sadly, every scene did.

The radio silence was killing her. She could understand why he wasn't going to school, she wasn't either. Not when there was work to do. Like researching on Kylar. 

She also played sad songs to make her sad life even more tragic, and Gracie Abrams was doing an incredible job with her heartbreaking vocals.

Good thing was, they didn't have to bribe Chris into help-creating their un-named-project, his hatred for Cobra Kai was enough, and good thing that, they had the last two names now, from Ethane. Darren Jawbolt and Timmy Thomas. 

Daniel talked Flora into getting out of her Fort-of-Misery and come to the dojo, to see the others practice. To see her friends.

He said the sun would be good for her. All she could feel was the evil star in the galaxy trying to sizzle and burn her soul. 

Sam was trying to murder a punching bag in a corner while Demetri held it firmly. Her sister wasn't feeling much better either. But unlike Flora, who held all her anger inside, Sam was talking it out on the punching bag. Maybe she'd try that too. In her head, she had set fire to the Cobra Kai dojo, but that wasn't possible in reality. Not because it was an impossible task, but because she was too lazy to think up a safe way to do it.

" Easy, " Demetri told her frowning, Flora was sitting at their feet with her sketchbook, " Save some for Cobra Kai. "

" Yeah if we are actually ever allowed to stand up to them, " She rolled her eyes with venom filled voice.

And then Sam lifted her knee and hit the punching bag where its balls might be. Suddenly Flora loved her sister more than she ever did. Sam was so badass, how did she ever not realize that?

"Hey, everyone, gather around, I have news." Daniel called out entering the dojo. The students gathered around, including Sam and Demetri. Flora stayed where she was.

The blonde turned to see him, squinting her eyes because of the sunlight, " Are the Eagle Fangs back?"

" No, not that." Daniel rolled his eyes, sighing. 

"I'm not interested, then." She casually said, " But don't mind me, carry on."

" The All Valley committee just announced big changes for the tournament, " Daniel happily and hopefully said.

If her father liked it, Flora was a million percent sure Mr.Lawrence was dreading whatever changes were made.

" What kind of changes? " Sam asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

" See for yourself, " Daniel looked like a teenager who finally got laid, he passed the piece of paper over to Sam and the others, " It's a whole new ball game."

" They are introducing skills competition? " Demetri frowned.