Thirty Six

Flora knocked on the door three times, the classic style, before walking into the room which was on the opposite direction of hers. Anthony was boredly lying on his bed, face down. He looked like depressed Barbie.

" You look pathetic," She told him, examining the room with disgust, it smelt like fart, " And I bet you haven't even changed your underwear in the past forty-eight hours. That's nut infection for you."

" Do your business, dude." Anthony waved her off.

" Sadly, I can't. All my friends and Eli are busy with karate training. Moon is out with Sasha." She informed him, "And I need to speak to you."

" What about?" He glanced up frowning. Yep, definitely depressed Barbie.

" About the classmate you bullied." She told him, her expression was unreadable, her voice was calm.

" Oh god! No. Did dad set you up to this?" He groaned sitting up.

" Hey! I care about what kind of person you become, too." She defensively said, " And bully? Nope, that's not the kind of brother I know,"

" Yeah, well you can't design someone up to how you like them." He sassed.

" I admire, that you are not denying of being a poor excuse of a human." She told him with a tiny smile, " Unlike how you've been constantly trying to manipulate mummy and dad-"

" You can't just say th-"

" Dude, I invented manipulation in this family," She sighed, pointing it out with a look in her eyes, " I just did it for harmless reasons. You are being a brat right now."

" It isn't even your business, Flo." He moodily said, " Don't do the older sister thing, when you were never here."

Her eyes widened, she knew her condition had an effect on her siblings but it was an illicit topic, " Sorry I was under going surgeries every few months," She scoffed, " Prefer having that, do you?" She glared, " Would you rather have mummy and dada plan your funeral ever two months?"

He sighed, regret written all-over his face now, " That's not what I meant. I'm...sorry?"

She took a place on the bed beside him, " Be honest this once?" She quietly asked, " Tell me what I missed out on."

He seemed to consider her words for a quick few seconds, then he slowly said, " I just....dad never really pays attention to me, you know?"

" Do you mean because of the scid thin-"

" No. In general." He quickly said, " After you were back things were supposed to be normal. But all of his attention was either on Sam or you." He sighed, frustrated, " Like dad, no I don't like karate, can you just give me some attention cause I'm your son?"

" I don't understand how it has got anything to do with bullying that boy." She frowned.

" My friends....I guess I was trying to impress them?" He told her, " It seemed harmless, you know? And I didn't wanna be some loser kid."

" You know, getting attention for the wrong reasons trigger anxiety." She told him, her voice still calm, one thing she didn't inherit from her parents, "It's extremely careless of dada to be this inconsiderate of your feelings. But you can't just bully someone cause dada's face never got out of that billboard dick I heard about."

" Yeah, I know it now." He groaned, " My friends suck."

" They missed the cookout. Of course, they are fakearse bitches." She told him, " So like....the library thing....were you going to hit the boy if he hadn't defended himself?"